What are you using for turkey season?

ATbuckhunter

Mossberg 835 loaded with Winchester Double X 3 1/2" #5. Although I picked up some of those Long beard loads last year, but never patterned them in my gun. I might this year.

Exact same gun and load, it wrecks 'em!

I'm sticking with the Winchesters.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 3

Mossberg 500 pump 12ga for me, 20ga for her. both have mossy oak vinyl gun wraps. just bought truglo reflex sights for both but haven't put them on yet. also truglo extra full turkey chokes. using Remington high velocity turkey loads #6. might switch to bow if we have some early season success!

post-3734-0-86992800-1426456832_thumb.jp

Edited by 518BowSlayer
  • Like 1

Out of my $50 New England Firearms single shot, full choked 12ga.... hopefully while wearing my favorite hunting shorts. :ph34r:

DSCN0902_01_zpslkppem1f.jpg

You're the man Wooly, no recoil pad. My NEF is possibly a newer or upgraded model (Pardner) in 12ga, 3 1/2", camo with an Xtra full choke tube. It has a modest recoil pad. I've had a bruised shoulder a few times from mine! See it also comes in a 10ga, 3 1/2"mag. That dude is definitely not for the faint of heart! Anyone that has shot a single barreled shotgun knows what I mean! :O

• Like 1

Taking out ole Mitch... Mossberg 500 with a full choke and Remington Nitro Turkey #6 3"... Tried the long-beards last year and they patterned poorly out of my gun. Anyone try out those new Federal 3rd Degree rounds... Seen them in a bunch of magazines

• Like 1

Taking out ole Mitch... Mossberg 500 with a full choke and Remington Nitro Turkey #6 3"... Tried the long-beards last year and they patterned poorly out of my gun. Anyone try out those new Federal 3rd Degree rounds... Seen them in a bunch of magazine

I think they're brand new for this year….$5 per round…....Ouch!!….

Mossberg 20 3" magwinchester double X and or Nitros...both patern well out of my gun.probably use the oldest... depends on what my shoot and see look like...

But I really plan on using the cross bow...cross bow may give me equal or better distance :dontknow:

Edited by growalot