What are you using for turkey season?

ATbuckhunter

• 3 weeks later...

I  have two guns that I use often for turkeys.  Which one I grab when I go out the door sometimes depends on a whim  or my mood. Both are efficient turkey killers

One is a Rem 11-87 SP 3" 12 gauge with treebark camo, a 21" barrel and a Kick's .665 Gobblin Thunder choke tube. Currently it wears a Leupold 1x4x20 scope on a cantilever mount.

The other one is a Rem 1100 3" 12 gauge with a fixed choke 26" full vent rib barrel.  Sights are a front bead and a mid bead.

Currently I am using  Win XX 2 oz. # 6 turkey loads in both guns.  I have previously used Win XX and Fed premiums in both #5 and # 4 with good results.

I bought a box of Win Longbeards this year to try on the patterning board.

• 4 weeks later...

I use a Mossberg 835 pump 12ga.

Winchester XR Longbeard 3 1/2" #4.

They patterned good with the factory choke .695.

Patterned better with a .705 choke.

I like them.

Good rig…I bought my 835 when they first came out. 20+ years ago. It has the corny old woodland camo on it which I love. RETRO!! I don't even know how many birds have fallen to the mighty Mossberg loaded with 3 1/2"  Double X #4 or #5.

I use the factory choke. I have tried a few aftermarket chokes but the pattern difference was so small that I went back to " all original"