The misses and hunting

Borngeechee

Hunting trip is my biggest problem. Both my wife and I love to travel. It's hard for me to justify dropping vacation money and her not be involved. "Italy is a little too expensive for us. Maybe next year. Oh, by the way, I'm spending a few grand on a moose hunt" simple won't fly with my wife. As of now, we're planning a Central Europe trip and she's demanding business class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel ur pain D lol

I hunted before i got married but right after my mirage i really got into hunting every thing from birds to  rabbits ducks to deer 

I then went all out and stared fishing relay heavy when my daughter at four wanted to go fishing I now fish fresh water surf fish and fly My wife never stooped me from going I even missed out on birthdays and our anniversary and not once did she get mad  she don't like to shop or go out with the girls she rather sit on her couch and read her books so a few trips to the book store some gift cards and I am all set to do i t again 

I am A lucky man 

I hunted before i got married but right after my mirage i really got into hunting every thing from birds to  rabbits ducks to deer 

I then went all out and stared fishing relay heavy when my daughter at four wanted to go fishing I now fish fresh water surf fish and fly My wife never stooped me from going I even missed out on birthdays and our anniversary and not once did she get mad  she don't like to shop or go out with the girls she rather sit on her couch and read her books so a few trips to the book store some gift cards and I am all set to do i t again 

I am A lucky man 

So your saying your not really married,it's all a mirage?

My wife loves venison....that makes it alot easier....altho puts the presser on to tag out....if I haven't gotten at least 1 deer by middle of the season she's kicking me outta bed to get in the woods...even when it's bad weather....could be worse i guess

Edit....now my motorcycle and dirt toy trips are the complete oppsite situation lol

Grew up hunting and married a city girl.  First it was no guns in the apartment, period.  So I would have to plan a trip to my parents to hunt for 1 long weekend a year hunt.

Came back with fresh venision, and she like that.  Hunting not too bad, no gun in the

Once son was a cub scout and the pack did annual campouts, she decided to tag-along for her first campout too.  Now we normally do 1-2 family camp outs a year.  She is confident enough to take her girl scouts out camping (cabin or tent) these days.

Then I could have a long gun in the house locked up with triger locks out-sight and ammo locked up separately.  My son start hunting, and has his own gun from my dad - so she said lets go get a cabinet.

Took fourteen years, but at least I have my stuff with me now.

Yes compromises are necessary, half-day hunts for family stuff or cetain days can't go out.  I do have to reminder her that i can't go out late to hunt in order to drop off a kid for SAT's tests on my way for a hunt.

She forgets about the no guns on school property.  So we compromise on that, I go half-day hunting (either have drop-off or pick-up duty).

Usually something happens at the office during Spring Concerts, so solution is I take the day off.  Turkey hunt in the am, have afternoon with the wife if she is not working, and go the concert in the evening.

Now struggling to find a class for my youngest who wants to get a license to go hunt.

She will have some weekends that she spends a few hours out with her friends and have the kids.

My wife was sort of eased in into hunting. The 2 yrs. we went together she was helping to butcher up the deer. Her & my mother would wrap & label the cuts while the men did the cutting.  Then we planed our wedding  around my deer season. We got married Nov. 7th, went on our honeymoon for a week to Wash. D.C., came home & I packed up & went to deer camp for the next week.  I have always gone hunting,& fishing pretty much when ever also out of state hunts & fishing to Canada trips. My buddies wife would say something about it & my wife would say are you kidding, First its archery season/ fall turkey, then deer shot gun, then spring turkey, then fishing/boating season & then it starts all over again. The snowmobiling could have caused a problem but got rid of that. We do many things together to balance it all out on her side also.  I guess something is working we will be married 45 yrs come this Nov. plus the 2 yrs we went together! All is good.  I keep telling her it will never work/last!

Mr. B works hard and just doesn't like coming home to an empty house and having to get his own dinner...I also pack his lunches...it's not just hunting...Just the other night he said if I put the head phones on, would you come down and watch TV while I'm on the computer watching a Movie?...lol  Really Why?..See the Voice is on and sorry, It's my only everyone be quiet! I'm listening to the Voice show I watch...But he just likes being near me...So I try to limit my time at camp...especially during his busy work season...or job start ups.

My wife was sort of eased in into hunting. The 2 yrs. we went together she was helping to butcher up the deer. Her & my mother would wrap & label the cuts while the men did the cutting. Then we planed our wedding around my deer season. We got married Nov. 7th, went on our honeymoon for a week to Wash. D.C., came home & I packed up & went to deer camp for the next week. I have always gone hunting,& fishing pretty much when ever also out of state hunts & fishing to Canada trips. My buddies wife would say something about it & my wife would say are you kidding, First its archery season/ fall turkey, then deer shot gun, then spring turkey, then fishing/boating season & then it starts all over again. The snowmobiling could have caused a problem but got rid of that. We do many things together to balance it all out on her side also. I guess something is working we will be married 45 yrs come this Nov. plus the 2 yrs we went together! All is good. I keep telling her it will never work/last!

This compromise thing sucks lol. I miss the days of just doing what I want when I want. I guess I have some work to do. I think you long time married guys have the answer.

I admit it sort of bums me out to hear you guys talk about 'being allowed'. May everyone find the husband or wife they want that is based on love, communication, and compromise. Good luck to everyone still looking for that.

Add respect, trust, & best friends.   I also went rabbit hunting the morning I got married, hunted til noon, got married at 5 PM.

My wife knew going in that Sept 27th thru Xmas was pretty much spoken for. After starting our business i have backed off alot on the time away. I believe when you have a wife that does not hunt but has no worries in life as far as money,bills paid and so on it makes a big difference. I mean if life is not good for both of ya's and one of ya's want to go play and spend money doing it....That will ALWAYS cause big problems.

• Like 2

I remember many years ago when I first started flying back from Arizona to hunt in Sullivan , I shot a nice 8 pt. on opening morning and when I called the Mrs. that evening to share the good news , she asked if I would be flying back home the next day as I got my deer and why would I hang with the guys for the rest of the week. Now , she knows I am gone for the 8 or 9 days no matter what.

It is all about setting the expectation.