bucks are growing .....

growalot

Pretty well...still skinny...I raked leafs off part of this area ...their favorite clover spot...but broke the rake...getting new handle today and fertilizer. Barely peeking through and the deer are on it hard...they took the bigger clover plot down to runners but the sm. Burnett is growing well. I honestly was hoping not to see the buck back this year...Seeing last year they moved in and I ended up having a dismal season...doe left and then just at season open...they did too... :negative: But there are doe now as well..... a few pics.   Disregard date/time...didn't fix when batteries were replaced..

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Like to think so, wouldn't ya'?? Looking for some 12-14pts bucks this year?? LOL.  Pretty sure environmental/weather conditions have little to no effect on antler growth, other than habitat or food sources. If it did, there wouldn't be any of those annoying 6pts around this year. Only possible effect of an early spring might be that their racks become fully formed somewhat earlier in the summer.

Edited by nyslowhand