Absolute GIANT NY buck?

WNY Bowhunter

Anyone know anything about this monster?  My uncle forwarded me this pic today. 

The message was originally sent by someone with a DEC email address and was fowarded through several other people with DEC emails too. 

The only info given was...shot on w. scott rd yesterday morning by mike mcmahan's son in law. green score 209.

It's sounds like it was taken this past weekend (12/11) in Cortland County near Factory Brook.  I don't know if it's legit or not; I can't see any of writing on the tag...looks blank to me?

Pictures are here: http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php/topic,2845.msg33568.html#msg33568

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its legit, and I hope to have the story soon... met a friend of the guy at the butcher today. The guys at the Big Buck Club have passed around the pic. It hasn't been scored by an official measurer yet... and I'm guessing the score isn't 209 by looking at the rack. the fact that it's a 12 point frame will push it up there, but its not a 200 class buck. But, so far looks to be the biggest typical this year in NY. What a BEAUTY!

was shown a pic of this buck the other day. The story i was told it was over 200 and in the homer area like u said. The guy that showed me the pic has a buddy who shot a monster in the lisle area a couple weeks ago that was estimated in the 180s and like a 21 point. The thing tying the two bucks together, believe or not the two hunters are cousins or so im told