This guy called in a Bobcat, and it got scary.

Mr VJP

Thank you for this.  But wait.  I'm not so sure that cat just snuck up on this guy and decided to play with him.  I'd wager he was holding something edible within reach but out of sight of the camera.  Still fun to watch though.

Edited by scolopaxmatt

As perfectly designed for stealth and camo as these critters are, why the hell is it that they can't seem to control that stupid little tail when they are in the final stages of the stalk? The dummy is doing its best to be still and smooth in its stalk, and there is that crazy tail twitching and flapping away. Maybe that's why nature evolved the short tail over time. It was recognized that cats cannot control their tails so nature just shortened them up so they aren't so much of a give-away....lol.

But speaking of nature and evolution and all that, what the heck happened to the dummy taking the video. How the heck did nature allow that misfit to escape the filters of evolution. There seems to be something wrong with that one that he doesn't seem to understand a dangerous situation that is unfolding before his eyes.

Listen I have to defend the guy with the cam...I have done some monumental dumb things when it comes to wild life...just not filming when you are that close danger really doesn't register until it's too late

I'll mention this one particular stupid thing because, of scolopaxmatts comment....I stood as a very large 8pt left a doe he was following to check me out...I spotted them crossing my trail as I returned home from putting up posted signs...sweaty in jeans and a t-shirt...well she kept moving when I froze, but not him   he walked toward me then parallel...I was so amazed that a big mature buck would leave a doe he was following to figure out what I was I stayed frozen to see what he'd do next...I wasn't thinking danger until it was too late...he passed me and I was slowly turning so I wouldn't loose track of him...He then turned and came up my back trail...WHAT!!! I stunk to high heaven and he didn't smell too sweet either...and OK for you guys thinking it, let me say ...age mute point...nuff said... he walked up the trail to me as I stood frozen. Eyes half shut so couldn't see them fully..hammer at my side in my hand. Sweat now dripping over my nose...he was so close I could clearly see the black dots(pores) his whiskers grew out of. His rack was easily wider than me with huge brow tines...He bobbed and lip curled and pawed the ground and there I stood ...thinking what a dumb a$$!!!! I'm in the slashings and no way capable of moving fast enough, that he wouldn't  spear me...then he just turned and walked away ,stopping to look back once...the doe this whole time had bedded down parallel to us and stood up then walked off...he followed her

So I will again say Animals DO NOT ALWAYS READ OUR PLAY BOOK...they do not always do the things the "experts" say they do...in all walks of life there are certain personalities

Edited by growalot

On two separate occasions, while sitting on the ground turkey hunting, I have had a skunk suddenly appear and scratch around on the ground, inches away from my feet. I have never sat so still in my life.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...