Unreal Hunting

meatmuzzy

I hunted the first four days of turkey season at my farm in Schoharie, NY.  The hunting was nothing short of epic.  I shot my bird at 10:40 am on opening day.  He had a 9 in beard and 1 inch spurs.  Second morning we called in a Tom that I had a shot at but wanted my cousin to take.  We had a strutter decoy out and the bird didn't like him so he wandered off.  Third morning we see a strutter in a field 350+ yards away with 2 hens.  We crawled into position (not thinking anything would happen) and wouldn't you know it he marches right down the hill away from his hens and straight to our calling.  My cousin shot him at 20 yards.  Never in a million years did I think that bird would leave the hens to come to us.  Gobbles in every direction, every morning.  We got my hunt on film but the file is too large to upload.

post-641-0-56048700-1430945280_thumb.jpg

post-641-0-65768800-1430945314_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Nice Meatmuzzy!  Funny how when you think nothing is going to happen and then everything happens.  Way to go on that second one, what call did you use to draw him into your cousin and away from his gals? 

• Like 1

Deerpassion what the hell are you talking about?  I didn't kill a turkey last year... Try typing complete sentences to make more sense...

I've read your post over a few times and can't figure out how he got any of what he posted out of it..........bizarre.

Ya know, I just read the original post and my post n I couldn't tell ya what the hell I was thinkin or talkin about lol.... Lesson learned , don't drunk post .... Sorry fellas , I guess I get a little testy when I've had a few ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2