It is official

bubba

After years of arguing with neighbors, trespassers and a huge increase in taxes, I accepted an offer on my hunting property I could not refuse.  Last month I purchased a new piece of property near Tupper Lake.  Only 20 acres of mine, but over 1100 acres of state land it borders to.  A much smaller cabin, and less work to keep up. Propane monitor heat, electric service and room for food plots and a couple stands on my land.  Do I expect some trespassing of course.  But with only 20 acres to keep track of, it will be easier.  I have been doing some turkey hunting up there and have seen a few, and spending the rest of the day making my cabin how I want it.  My 2 cousins and my best friend are the ones who will be there along with me.  I am looking forward to seeing where the whitetails are  hanging out and putting it up the new meat pole. 

• Like 15

Good for you! I would have never been able to let myself sell that much land. If you don't mind me asking where about was your land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My land was in area 6c in the town of Dekalb.  I was tired of the big headaches that came with it every year.  I spent more time chasing people out and arguing with neighbors.  Plus last year my taxes more than doubled with the new assessor.  It was not worth the grief.  Plus at 1500 an acre for my old place, it was hard to turn down.  

• Like 1

My land was in area 6c in the town of Dekalb. I was tired of the big headaches that came with it every year. I spent more time chasing people out and arguing with neighbors. Plus last year my taxes more than doubled with the new assessor. It was not worth the grief. Plus at 1500 an acre for my old place, it was hard to turn down.

I see what your saying. Sometimes it's just not worth it. 1,500 an acre sounds cheap to me but that's probably cause I'm used to seeing properties from 3-12 thousand an acre. Congrats on everything and hopefully you like your new land just as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea if you have 350 acres you're bound to have trespassers... we had one this past year say we don't understand and that he has to hunt there.  my dad told him that "it's my land and i pay the taxes so sorry but you (the guy) didn't need to."  you can make that 20 acres a deer haven.  a couple small high yield food plots and the rest nice cover and browse.  figure out access without chasing deer out of there and base any of your changes around that.

Congratulations on the sale and the new place.  I spend some time hunting deer & bear with muzzle loader near Tupper Lake in mid October.  I go about 14 miles back in the Cold River woods area on horseback.  Greatest Ruffed Grouse hunting I have ever run into as well.  They see very few people back there and hold real tight.  Don't even need a dog to limit every day.

Good Luck to you for the future.

• Like 2

I posted on here a couple years ago how the neighbors were leasing a 100 acre corn field and the guys who leased it set up 50 yards on my side.  i got called a lot of names and told I was a cry baby among other things I will not repeat. I had people sneaking in all the time to include my neighbors. When my taxes jumped over 7 grand a year for a hunting place, I was ready to go. No pics yet.  i am redoing it, and will post after I am done.

• Like 1