National Hunting and Fishing Day 2015 and Beyond

• 5 weeks later...

Notice we deleted the DEC event in Avon. We did this because there is a rumor that this event will not take place this year.

Because the information we are getting is second hand and unclear, we also deleted the event on Long Island because it is also held on DEC property. We have not heard any rumors the Long Island event is cancelled, but we do not want to get caught up in any confusion later if there does happen to be any changes. 

If you are interested in either of these two events, do not depend on our website to update any changes; as we do not plan to update any changes.... Furthermore, we indicated this was a "rumor". We did not verify any information received. 

• 2 months later...

As someone who comes from a non-hunting family out on the east end, the NHFD at the ridge check station on eastern LI was like my mecca when I was a kid.  It was Christmas come early.  I could talk to the ECO's about good trout spots, rabbit and esp. squirrel.  There were bow and trapping demonstrations and you could sign up for late preseason courses.

There is so little for them down there, it would be a shame if they didn't have it.

Edited by Jaeger