Weather predictions...

growalot

Remember when I posted my weather predictions?....Thought I'd go back and take a look on this cool rainy day...

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

So last year I made them for the year...Dang if I can find them...So I'll do it again for this year and write the thread title down...lol  but would like to see yours as well.

I'm predicting a cool wet spring that lasts into June ...then a moderate summer with out too many above 90 degree days for our area and not as wet as last year. I'm hoping for the winds to occurr during the summer and ease by fall.... I'm thinking a late first frost well into Oct and little rain...lower amounts of snow for winter but I fear another year of increased sub zero temps.

Farmers may have a late spring planting and later corn harvest this year....There you have it, for what it's worth...which can't be much worse than what the "professionals " have been able to do.... ;)

It hasnt been cool all spring though, it was above average for a while there.

Accuweather has a nice chart that shows the high and low per day along with averages and records. May was a bit above average. April was about average. March was a bit below. Heres a link to the May calander and chart. You can flip through other months

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/rochester-ny/14614/may-weather/329674?monyr=5/1/2015

• Like 1

We had 90+ degree days this spring, and humidity at times was 80+%, meaning it was like 110 degrees ( appx ). Then the temps bottomed out and it got cold. It was 41 degrees where we were camping Sat. night.

I think we are in for the same Summer we have been having. Hurricanes/tropical storms all over the place and bad flooding.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this last round of flooding sounded the death-knell for our garden. Plants do not grow well in standing water. Perhaps I might be able to salvage some squash simply because they were planted in hills. We'll see.

Oh, and it looks like we will be blessed with a little more rain tomorrow and the next day.

"How high's the water Mama? ..... Five feet high and rising." Old Johnny Cash may be dead, but his song sure isn't.

Predictions? .... This is just an extension of last winter. It was quite simple to predict all this crap. More colder than normal weather with higher than normal precipitation. Yeah a little wrinkle here and there, but the bigger picture is just a seasonally modified version of last winter.

• Like 2