So Get Off Your Ass!

This will be a doozy I'm sure!

I read all the time in here and other forums, people whining about the laws for hunting and firearms in NYS. But, no one does a damn thing! You send emails, yeah that works. Do you try and set up a rally or protest? Usually not. You sit and cry from the comfort of your living room about all that's wrong. Does your La Z Boy fit? Does it agree with you? Does it fit in your stand or blind?

Here's a couple options.

Stop typing and do something real!

Stop whining about things if you don't have the nuts to get off your ass and protest!

Rob,

I don't really agree with what you are saying, nor do I believe in protesting. However, NY Dove Hunting is developing a National Hunting and Fishing Day Strategy, We hope to get volunteers into booths all around the state. The interest has been weak. As a matter of fact, it is even a challenge to get show organizers or other host sites to respond to us. We will probably have to harp on this initiative for two years before we get hunters to accept the idea and participate. A lot of that harping will be done by key board - you betcha. 

We are also creating a Power Point presentation. We will be traveling around to as many audiences as we can. We also want to train others to give this presentation. 

• Like 1

Protesting doesnt do as much as getting involved with an organization that has some political pull, and matches up with your beliefs and values. Emailing, sending letters and making phone calls to your representatives are also part of how you help to make a change.

I dont know about you, but i have much more going on in my life other than the discussions i have on this site.

• Like 7

Protests and rallies only work if your gay or black.

When more than 20 straight white folks get together to scream and shout it's called a family reunion.., wedding.., or funeral,lol[/quote.

Right on with that wooly! So true!

• Like 1

I also believe protests are easily ignored by politicians, unless they see a lot of votes being lost because of them, or protesters burn every business and cop car in town.

The real issue is the multitude of obstacles to involvement that are actually created, and put in place, by the government itself.  People have to spend every waking hour of their day just trying to survive in this country.  What is required in the struggle to live in this land today?  People are working 48 hours a week or more on their job, sometimes needing a part time job as well.  Taxes, fees, regulation, abusive laws, political and social controls, all require a lot of the people's time just to keep the government off their backs.  Two income earners used to have more because of it.  Now it's required just to keep treading water.

A lot of retired folks can get involved in resistance, but the powers that be know those folks are going to die off before they can change anything.

Politically correct constraints can get someone in hot water, causing unimaginable suffering for doing what they thought was the right thing.  Not to mention the danger of putting yourself on the government's radar fighting for a cause they see as a threat to their power.  Nowadays, they even demand membership info from huge organizations that oppose political regimes, so they can go after individuals one at a time, thereby intimidating the rest of them into submission and silence.  That's what the IRS was doing when it targeted organizations opposed to Obama.  All of this is unconstitutional and illegal, but what is being done to stop it?  Nobody is willing to risk losing everything, which is a very real possibility, to fight the tyranny.

The 60's are over people.  It's a whole new world with a entirely different level of government abuse being employed.  Total submission to big government and giving it total power is the objective.  This is not new in the history of the world as many oppressive regimes have done exactly the same thing in the past.  If you study history, you will also see these regimes did not politely let go of their agendas when people protested.

The most interesting thing about the agenda is, it can not be accomplished without a lot of support from a lot of the citizens the government has.  These misguided fools are the biggest threat to your freedom, because they are the ones voting for it, keeping the bad politicians in office and demanding the government pursue the big government agenda vigorously.  Gun control is just a very small part of the agenda overall, but it's a very vital one in regards to control.

The only way the pending tyranny will be stopped, is by stopping the huge contingency of idiots in the electorate that are cheering it on.  If you want to effectively protest tyranny, protest the fools that are supporting it and shame them into silence.  The elected have no shame.  The target has to be the people who support the shameless elected officials.  

It's not happening now, because those who would do so, are being politically shamed by the left using twisted logic and the bible of tolerance.  The left has to be given credit for implementing this strategy and successfully employing it against the Constitution and the citizens who have always defended freedom in America.  This is the very same strategy that must be redirected and employed against the fools, by those who wish to stop the madness.

What does this mean for the future of America?  An extremely divided country based on political ideology that will not compromise or come to a peaceful agreement about freedom.

We have two choices now.  Fight with every fiber of your being to the very end, or surrender.

Based on what I have seen lately regarding resistance, there will not be a fight, at least not from the current citizens suffering in this society.  They do not have the desire, or will, to risk everything for the future of this land and their progeny.  Maybe a future generation will not be so fearful of saying, "We will not comply!".  And that may only happen when they see there is no hope for better and they have never had anything to lose.

Edited by Mr VJP

Occupy DEC- got my tent packed.

Maybe we can just take the law into our own hands....

I bitch to educate- I email/call to have that right to bitch

Lmk your plan and I'll help if I can

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I avoid most "rally's" and "protests" like the plaque.........most make the protesters look like buffoons with their offensive t-shirts and handmade signs that usually have a misspelling or two, and instead of making those on the outside looking in jump in to support them, it makes them turn away in disgust........but, that's just my observations.

• Like 1

Clearly there are lots of folks, myself included, who take little things like game laws, politics and food gathering a lot more seriously than they should from time to time.   None of it matters in the long run.  The purpose of life is to gain entrance to heaven and there is but one way to do that - belief in Jesus Christ.    Life gets a lot easier once you realize that is the only thing you need to worry about.  Go ahead and keep barking up the wrong trees if you wish, but always remember that there is a "better way".    

This will be a doozy I'm sure!

I read all the time in here and other forums, people whining about the laws for hunting and firearms in NYS. But, no one does a damn thing! You send emails, yeah that works. Do you try and set up a rally or protest? Usually not. You sit and cry from the comfort of your living room about all that's wrong. Does your La Z Boy fit? Does it agree with you? Does it fit in your stand or blind?

Here's a couple options.

Stop typing and do something real!

Stop whining about things if you don't have the nuts to get off your ass and protest!

I have no real issues with NYs hunting laws and have the right to finally hunt with a crossbow, which I think is great.

Yes I have problems with the safe act but have come to realize that the need for owning 30 round mags and AR style rifles(which you still can own) aren't really a life changer for me.

I still own all the rifles I need to hunt, I have plenty of ammo, and feel very safe in my home with a Mossberg 500 in my room.

Im not worried in the least that Cuomos coming for my deer and turkey guns and the idea that we need military style weapons to go up against our government or defend myself from ISIS coming into my town is something that I have outgrown.

Get out hunt, fish, and enjoy what this state has to offer.

If you really need to own AR/AK rifles with bayonets, flash hiders, and drum mags this is not the state you can do it in.

I have no real issues with NYs hunting laws and have the right to finally hunt with a crossbow, which I think is great.

Yes I have problems with the safe act but have come to realize that the need for owning 30 round mags and AR style rifles(which you still can own) aren't really a life changer for me.

I still own all the rifles I need to hunt, I have plenty of ammo, and feel very safe in my home with a Mossberg 500 in my room.

Im not worried in the least that Cuomos coming for my deer and turkey guns and the idea that we need military style weapons to go up against our government or defend myself from ISIS coming into my town is something that I have outgrown.

Get out hunt, fish, and enjoy what this state has to offer.

If you really need to own AR/AK rifles with bayonets, flash hiders, and drum mags this is not the state you can do it in.

I pretty much feel the same way............I'll continue to write the letters on issues I feel strongly about and cast my vote for those who support gun owners and sportsman, but you'll never see me standing in a crowd with a poorly written, handmade sign or an "F Cuomo" t-shirt on.

Got this a week or so ago

You spoke, I listened, and yesterday the Senate delivered on the SAFE Act

header.png

Dear fellow Second Amendment supporter:

Less than six months into my first term as your Senator for the 55th District, I am proud to announce that the New York State Senate yesterday took an important series of steps to begin dismantling the SAFE Act piece by piece. Senate Bill 5837, which I cosponsor, makes significant progress towards fulfilling a promise I made to you upon taking office – that we would work together to restore Second Amendment rights for all New Yorkers, once and for all.

As you know, I was not serving in the Senate when the SAFE Act was adopted. Had I been, I would have voted no, in addition to doing everything in my power to prevent its passage. With the bad law now on the books, I continue to believe strongly that full repeal of the SAFE Act should remain our goal. 

However, after meeting with representatives from the National Rifle Association (NRA), the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association (NYSRPA), and the Shooters Committee On Political Education (SCOPE), it became clear that we must take an “all fronts” approach to beating back this failed legislation. That’s why I fully support S.5837, which takes aim at some of the most onerous and damaging pieces of the SAFE Act. 

Several of the provisions passed yesterday reflect concerns that you and Second Amendment supporters from across our area brought to me over the past few months. In fact, at least three of these items – particularly those related to family inheritance of restricted firearms, due process in the mental health provisions, and the elimination of the ammunition tracking database – were discussed as priorities in a recent meeting I held in my District Office with members of Ontario County SCOPE.  

You spoke, I listened, and yesterday we delivered. 

The legislation we passed to dismantle the SAFE Act hits the following targets:

- Amends the penal law to allow a person to pass his or her guns and high capacity ammunition feeding devices to an immediate family member upon death, to allow New Yorkers to continue to share their love of firearms from generation to generation.

- Amends the penal law so that pistol permit applications and supporting documentation are not public records and are not subject to Freedom of Information Law (FOIL), to better protect your personal and private information.

- Amends portions of the Mental Hygiene Law to require that: (1) individuals reported under the mental health provisions of the SAFE Act are properly identified; and that (2) a reported person is notified in writing of his or her right to appeal when a report is sent to the Division of Criminal Justice Services. Everyone agrees that firearms could be a hazard in the hands of the mentally ill, but our Constitution guarantees us all a right to due process. It’s time to make it so in New York State again. 

- Fully repeals the Ammunition Tracking Database, which the Senate fought and won to defund in the 2015-16 State Budget, to rid gun owners and sellers alike of the undue and intrusive burden of documenting each and every ammo purchase in New York.

I believe that these common-sense reforms represent a positive step in the right direction to address the problems created by the SAFE Act. And, when coupled with ongoing court challenges brought by average citizens who have been wronged, I am hopeful that we can strike a powerful blow against this unconstitutional law. 

I am proud to be a strong voice for you in Albany in support of the Second Amendment, but please know how much I appreciate your grassroots activism. This isn’t a victory for me – it’s a victory for you and for our Constitution.  Your efforts have made a difference. 

With this important step, the focus now shifts to the New York State Assembly. There is bipartisan support for these measures, so Democrats and Republicans alike must act quickly in the Assembly to adopt these common sense proposals without delay. I urge you to contact your Assembly member TODAY to advocate for the passage of this important legislation before the end of this legislative session, which is just days away.  The time for talk is over. The time for action is now.  

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns, or questions you have on the SAFE Act or any other issue. For more information on all of the measures passed in S.5837, please visit: http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S5837-2015.

funke_ending_graphics.JPG

Albany Office:
905 Legislative Office Bldg
Albany, NY 12247
518-455-2215 District Office:
Packetts Landing, Suite 230
Fairport, NY 14450
585-223-1800 footer.png

• Like 1

Point was proven.

I don't need to agree with he DEC on everything, but, I accept that I have to live with it. I send the emails, I watch for the bad decisions made by the state of NY, and the DEC, but if they want it done, it's gonna happen.

The "Safe Act" was designed by a radical idiot who took our rites away because of shit that happened in other states, why? Well, whether you like it or not, NY is one the the highest rated states with violent crimes using firearms. Our Gov., took our rights away for popularity. It worked, and it keeps working. So, who keeps voting these people in?

Most of the 'Anti" anything have money, money talks and bullshit walks! If you can't pony up large amounts of cash, you are just in the way.

We are supposed to be free, but we are still on a leash. That choke collar keeps getting tighter. I have said this before, if you can afford a $1000 bare bow ( crossbow, rifle, shotgun ) every year, then you can send contributions to the people/groups that are trying to help us. I do, and I'm broke!

My point was, no one does anything. When was the last time you thought about sending a donation to help preserve hunting instead of getting the newest smart phone every 6 months ( thats about a grand a year )? Or buying a new truck/car every year or two? Too many hunters ( NOT ALL ) are too consumed with keeping up with the Jones' to really care!

Lets bring up the poacher on your land thing again! I have said time and time again, if the BS was happening, you would have pics! You have your phone on you at all times, yet you can't take a pic of the "alleged" offense. I am NOT saying it doesn't happen, I know this crap happens. But, if you can take a pic of the view from your stand blind in the "Live From", then you can take a pic of the violation.

my newest car is 13 years old, I have an old style flip phone, I buy a new bow every 10 years or so, I sent donations to Astorino and vote pro gun and hunting and voice my opinions via letters and emails.........I don't own land, so don't have poachers on my property....I think that about covers it.

Dang !!  We have a bunch of DERELICTS on this forum....

I think I better start hanging out with a better class of hunters...

I'm gonna find another forum to join, right after my nap...

Now I"m a derelict ( in a very poor condition as a result of disuse and neglect.

"the cities were derelict and dying"
synonyms: damneddoomedlost, condemned to hell )

! Fantastic! So, let me get this all in order:

I am a derelict, because I posted this thread.

I am a slob because I get gas on the way hunting and drink Bud Light from time to time.

I am scum because I can't work and can't afford all the top of the line gear.

Wow. I think this is the most insulted I have ever been. But, who cares! I made an honest post and called out the liars. So I must be the Anti-Christ...Woo is me! LOL

Now I"m a derelict ( in a very poor condition as a result of disuse and neglect.

"the cities were derelict and dying"
synonyms: damneddoomedlost, condemned to hell )

! Fantastic! So, let me get this all in order:

I am a derelict, because I posted this thread.

I am a slob because I get gas on the way hunting and drink Bud Light from time to time.

I am scum because I can't work and can't afford all the top of the line gear.

Wow. I think this is the most insulted I have ever been. But, who cares! I made an honest post and called out the liars. So I must be the Anti-Christ...Woo is me! LOL

Hey, look who's back with another username change..........LOL!

That all ya got? Pay attention much? Ya didn't have an issue hijacking my thread to sell your bow now did ya? Even with my new username. No, I didn't think so. Nice try.

Prime example of taking the heat off and commenting about things that have no bearing on the topic.