OK soo what do i do now?

jimbo91

i would either go with a nikon prostaff or leupold vx-1. they are both great quality rifle scopes. the prices arent too bad either. i also have the simmons aetec 2.8-10x40 on my ruger m77 in .308 and i've shot that out to 200yrds with no problems what so ever. they are all great scopes and the prices really cant be beat. just make sure you get what you want dont spend the money twice. i just bought 2 of the new browning's x-bolt medallion. one in a 30.06 and one in 7mm Rem Mag. i got the 30.06 for my dad and the 7mm is for myself. i went with the leupold vx-1 on both rifles. i personally went with the 4-12x40 i wanted the extra magnification for long range shots. i also went with the LR Duplex reticle. it was hard to find a scope in 4-12x40 that came glossed. the brownings have that polished look and i didnt want to put a matte scope on such a polished rifle. i looked at the nikon prostaff with the BDC and i was very impressed with the glass quality and the overall scope. it was crystal clear and great magnification. the simmons aetec 2.8-10x40 is also nice and as of now i wouldnt change that on my ruger. i really like that its a 2.8-10. good luck with what ever you choose.

I think a lot of folks cheat on the price int he wrong places. I have heard a lot of talk about seeing in low light and light transmission. During legal hours i can't see that big of a difference.

what I do think is a necessity and MUSt spend money on is good mounts and rings. and the twist in Leuopold I think are worth every penny. I can't tell you the number of guys with great scopes and awesome guns and buy the cheapest mounts and rings they can find.