New bow

dirt_a_KISS

Looking to get a new bow for this upcoming bow season and needed a little input. I'm very kean on getting the new obsession fusion 6 because I've heard lots of good reviews with everything it does. Though I do want to look at the Mathews NoCam HTR. So obviously I'll go down to test the bows out, but needed a little input on the situation.

• Like 1

I'd go with a Fusion 7 versus the 6.  also I don't really shoot Mathews but I know multiple people that for whatever reason chose a version of the Chill over the new NoCAM.  for the love of God and others get a bow with adjustable draw length or at least able to change out only separately ordered modules to adjust it.  enough bows can do this now it's a no brainer.  increases chances of selling it down the road or passing it on to a friend or family member.  trading them in is pointless as you get nothing for a lot of your used equipment.  bows now are plenty fast enough now that you won't lose much from a more forgiving 32+" ATA and 6.75+" brace.  super short bows and super short brace heights are a fad that gets you nothing but better specs on paper.

I have to say the Obesession bows are nice. Moog has one or had one, I forget. I do prefer the finish quality of Elite, but it was a good drawing bow. I'm still partial to Elite because I am comfortable with them and I am largely a hunter that doesn't stray into shooting paper much. Huntability remains a prime characteristic for me....also because I tend to hold on to bows longer now, I do enjoy a higher quality finished product.

Just got the 2015 Obsession Evolution. It's absolutely amazing! I've shot the Elite E32 and loved it too. I was really torn between the two. They both draw amazing, both shoot great, and the valley on both is incredible. I was leaning towards the Obsession and the final factor that made me go take the plunge was that I got a good price on the Obsession I couldn't pass up ($150 less than Elite). I have not shot the new Mathews and honestly have no interest. I would recommend the Obsession to anyone. The Elite would be my second choice.

I've shot the E35 and loved it. I have never shot a bow with such a smooth draw cycle. I shot 2 obsessions a fusion and a Phoenix. One was nice, average draw with good back wall, super fast. The other, the draw felt better the back wall just as solid, and again a fast bow. Unfortunately I don't remember which was which. I shoot a 2014 Faktor which I thoroughly enjoy. If The Nitrum didn't overly impress me, not enough of a change from the Faktor to justify the upgrade. The turbos (spider/Nitrum) didn't have a smooth draw. The NoCam also wasn't amazing, it's nice overall but not amazing. If I were getting a new one this year I'd look at the rest of the obsession line up before most likely ending up with the E35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk