Any Non-white Members?

can somebody explain to me why people are even using the confederate flag as their avatar?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's because they haven't got any good bucks on trail cams yet.

Give it another month or two and the avatars will change like the fresh autumn winds..... :focus:

• Like 5

This was a trolling thread by the author, as he so loves to do. But, it gets him attention because, so it is what it is.

Rob -

From Urban Dictionary -Troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Trolling is being provocative with the intention of causing upset and argument. You made a similar claim against me in the past. That is never the case.

If I am provocative, there is always a compelling reason for what I post. The point of this discussion is, the site has been hijacked by the "Angry White Men". They have become tiring. Their agenda is not germane to the purpose of the site. Sorry if someone needed to point that out.

The thin-skinned women have fled. Probably the thin-skinned men too. The Moroccan failed to share his feelings about the flag being used as a personal symbol - a symbol they claim means much more but one that was resurrected during the civil rights era for one purpose. Hopefully things will get back on track here as the fall approaches.  

man this thread really does do a lot to perpetuate the stereotype we hunters get. some of you should be ashamed.

It strikes me odd that those who oppose gay marriage are also supporting the confederate flag, which clearly is a symbol of slavery and racism whether you feel it should be or not. 90% of you wouldn't say any of what you're typing on your keyboards to a black or gay person's face and that's the other truly sad part.

• Like 3

man this thread really does do a lot to perpetuate the stereotype we hunters get. some of you should be ashamed.

It strikes me odd that those who oppose gay marriage are also supporting the confederate flag, which clearly is a symbol of slavery and racism whether you feel it should be or not. 90% of you wouldn't say any of what you're typing on your keyboards to a black or gay person's face and that's the other truly sad part.

They are so brave and yet so anonymous.

Yeah no kidding!  and for someone to even start a thread like this on a hunting site?  I believe the mods should be watching who really talks and more so..shows hunting on their posts or relocate them to the proper place.

• Like 1

Yeah no kidding!  and for someone to even start a thread like this on a hunting site?  I believe the mods should be watching who really talks and more so..shows hunting on their posts or relocate them to the proper place.

This IS the politics forum......I see no problem with the thread's location...

• Like 2

Does this look like politics?  

This thread was started in relation to an issue surrounding a flag that has been politicized by both the White-house and the media. It may not be our favorite kind of politics, but it is politics, warts 'n all, none the less.

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1

I guess that might make me the only one against gay marriage AND the confederate flag.  Like I said in another post.  Gays can have gay sex until the cows come home, but I just don't want to hear about any of it.  Gays and gay marriage has been getting so much damned publicity in the last few years, that I am sick and tired of hearing about it.  Maybe if they weren't so vocal about it, I could be more accepting, but since they are, they have turned me off completely.  I am against gay marriage, and will not change my opinion about it just because it's in vogue to support it.  They have their opinions and I will have mine.  For me the case is closed.

Interesting position, Steve.  I wonder if other civil rights movements received similar reactions in the past.

I don't know what reactions were in the past, but to me this gay marriage issue is NOT a civil rights issue.  Gays have had the same rights as anyone else in everything except marriage, but I and MANY others simply don't believe that two people of the same sex should have the right to marry.  I won't base my opinion on religion, biology or the way I was brought up, but for me two people of the same sex making the claim of marriage simply doesn't hold water.  They can live together, have sex with each other, I don't care what else, but for me it's simply NOT a marriage from what I consider the definition of marriage to be.  Obviously my point of view has lost out here, however there is absolutely NO reason that I must change my position on this issue.  I can assure you that it won't change.

Maybe Steve can act on his earlier idea about a vacation to Detroit except make it San francisco and protest the gay pride parade.....maybe the parade marchers can educate him on his racism against gay people.....LOL

• Like 1

Maybe Steve can act on his earlier idea about a vacation to Detroit except make it San francisco and protest the gay pride parade.....maybe the parade marchers can educate him on his racism against gay people.....LOL

Of course the difference is that I don't go around showing my prejudices by waving a flag like you guys do.  I have my opinions and that's it.  I don't go around waving a flag that may be offensive to gays like you guys do with a flag that is definitely offensive to a lot of blacks.  You guys start out with a strike against you from the get go.

Except for a few thick-skinned women, it appears this is a white men's club. If there are any non-white members, please tell us what you think of members displaying Confederate battle flags as their avatars in the wake of the slaughter in SC.

Whatever anyone is trying to communicate with these flags, is their use good for huntingny.com? Will it make others feel welcome? Is it good for hunting?

Um I identify as non-white.... :cheese:

• Like 2

This IS the politics forum......I see no problem with the thread's location...

Does this look like politics?  And the location i was talking about is not on this site. There is no place on this site that anything about black and white, maybe in the trail cam posts!

Many sites ban political discussion altogether for this very reason. It's not censorship, it's a private message board and I believe at one point this place did a good job of limiting the amount of it. There are certainly dozen of political boards to post on should one choose.

I actually enjoy a debate here and there, but this is just too much. I think someone pointed it out earlier. We have a lot of anti-hunter lurkers. They can and very well might absolutely take some of these threads to help fit their agenda of who they believe a "hunter" is.

So if they bring it down to a whisper in your ear, that would turn you on?

Sorry Steve, had to...lol

Hey, do you like hearing and reading about it non-stop whether you turn on the TV or computer??  If it isn't gay marriage it's Bruce Jenner and transgender people.  WTF is this??  It seems like the media is putting them up on a pedestal and flaunting all this nonsense in everyones face.  I hold the same opinion when loud mouth idiots like Ted Nugent try to speak on behalf of gun owners/hunters.  It turns off more people than they will ever realize.

Hey, do you like hearing and reading about it non-stop whether you turn on the TV or computer??  If it isn't gay marriage it's Bruce Jenner and transgender people.  WTF is this??  It seems like the media is putting them up on a pedestal and flaunting all this nonsense in everyones face.  I hold the same opinion when loud mouth idiots like Ted Nugent try to speak on behalf of gun owners/hunters.  It turns off more people than they will ever realize.

ok to watch movies of girl on girl though right?

Agreed, It just ends up being white noise (pun intended).

• Like 1