I need a plumber - $

BizCT

As opposed to hiring some random company, I figured I would reach out on here to see if somebody wanted to make a few bucks doing what I believe is a fairly simple job.

I need my TPRV valve replaced on my water heater, and would also like the discharge pipe extended closer to the floor.

I am located in Northern Westchester County (Yorktown Heights, about 1 mile from Taconic State Parkway).

Please let me know if you are interested in doing this job. Thanks.

its rather simply to replace and extend...watch a youtube video and you could do it yourself, or ask some of neighbors who they use as a handyman.  or go/call to N&S plumbling (plumbing supply house) in Carmel and they can give you some names

• Like 1

If it just started to drip it might be from excess pressure building in the heater . The relief valve will go off at 150 lbs pressure. If you have city water you might want to put a gauge on the outside faucet to see what you have coming in to the house. When the water heater kicks on you will get thermal expansion. We put thermal expansion tanks on the water heaters to protect them . If you have city water your house pressure reducing valve might be on its way out . They usually keep the pressure around 50 lbs.

Easy to change ,drain the tank down to the t and p valve, teflon tape and pipe dope the new one and tighten. You can use a shark bite fitting to extend the pipe.

Thanks, but I would still rather just have a professional do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BUMP. In addition to this plumbing job, any electricians out there? I got 2 landscape lights in my backyard that won't come on.  3 sets of 2 lights, 2 sets work, but 1 set of 2 lights won't come on. Its not the bulbs, not the breakers, etc. Maybe bad wiring?