Urea Pellets

Where in Rochester area? Called a few places and nobody seems to have it.

Not looking for farm-sized quantity, which probably makes it more difficult. Never really used Urea before and typically relied on basic triple digit granular fert.

Edited by phade

Yep urea - that's just what I was thinking.  Almost comical.  I have no idea what Phade is doing with our food plots, but trust he has it under control.  If they work out well, he gets all the credit.  If not, it must have been the bad weather or soil.  lol 

• Like 1

I have the used the liquid - which I got from a farmer- thought the pellets were next to impossible to find since the McVey deal. How much is it a bag? Would like to buy some w you Phade. Btw- found spray foliar fert gets brassicas rocketing after green up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the feedback. I was hoping I'd find something a little more central to Rochester than Turner/Hemlock since it's directly away from where I need to get it spread.

Thought about the foliar liquid sprays too, GJS4, but I've never done it and always hear of people who bemoan getting it applied at the proper rate (sprayer calibration can be hard with a backpack sprayer or even alot of the ATV ones). I know the pellets still exists, it's just seasonal as someone mentioned and only a handful of places maintain a stock on hand.

Yep urea - that's just what I was thinking.  Almost comical.  I have no idea what Phade is doing with our food plots, but trust he has it under control.  If they work out well, he gets all the credit.  If not, it must have been the bad weather or soil.  lol 

It'll be fine. As long as the grass competition dies out from a pending cleth application, brassicas are pretty easy to at least get "decent." My urea pellet search is more of an attempt to get from decent to really really really darn good.

Edited by phade

Went to Turners today they have 46% and it's something like $16.97 All out of turnips until next order...He was bought out today.

Thanks Grow...just to be clear they do have 46-0-0 in stock? Just out of turnips?

I have about a pound of daikon radish left if you need some, we won't need it.

Yes I specifically asked because I told them ppl were looking for it.

Thanks for the offer but Have what I need to mix in with the turnips or max attract....I picked up 15-15-15 ...got one bag of the max attract down yesterday afternoon after rediscing and dragging again...Going down now to put in the other bag and fertilize the turnip plot and plant that. Rocks are the worst I have seen them in years on the new plot area...haven't even bothered re spraying for weeds yet...did mow though,,,the one section at the end of max plot I disced but to be honest you can barely see soil...I will just load it with a Beardless WW and let it head out next year(deer will readily eat beardless wheat heads).. With the max attract in I shouldn't have to plant that area next year and will concentrate on getting the lane way done once and for all. The upper plots are now in Alfalfa and clover and doing well. So that is another job off my plate..other than mowing...I do have a weed issue in the clover and it's a annual that reseeds heavy but dies in frost...so I mowed the tops off....I fear the clover is too young to spray a select herbicide on ....I've never had to do that on a new planting..BTW the clover I tossed out in the garden is growing like wild fire and I have to take the trimmer out between plant rows today...it's 5 in. tall already!..which will be great when temps go into the high 80s next week...it will keep the garden from getting too hot and drying out...It is also keeping the weeds down ya...Once I take all the tomato, pole bean. and peas fencing down I'll have a great clover plot right in front of two stands ...just leave the gate open and let them eat and fertilize this fall..With all the cabbage and broccoli  I planted they will be very happy campers in there and will help me clean the garden for next season. Turners are on the web if you need to call them for anything...Good guys to work with...

sprayer calibration is very easy for liquid...i spend just about every day from arpril to december applying granular and liquid fert and pesticides and would be will to help any of you guys if you have questions. To cal a backpack mark off 500 sq ft and spray it evenly as possible going back and forth and not spraying more then 2-3 left or right and see how many gals you put down. for example most 4 gal backpacks are close to 2-2.25  Double that and thats your rate per K, Now read the label and if it says 5 oz per K, and you used 2 gals for your test you know its 5 oz per 4 gals.  be careful to read labels on liquid fert some can not be diluted past 3 gals per K and others need to be diluted more.

You will need less NPK (3 numbers on the bag) with liquid due to no leeching and almost 100% utilization by the plant.