Work Shoes & Bad Feet=Red Wings?

Lawdwaz

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

did you ever go to a foot doctor?

http://www.irishsetterboots.com/USD/work-boots 

Yes, I've been to a very reputable orthopedic surgeon here in WNY.  Although he wanted to operate a couple times so far that hasn't been totally necessary, in my highly uneducated opinion.  :)

He has prescribed a few non surgical solutions that have worked pretty well so far, considering.  One of those solutions  was prescription orthodics from Hook's Shoes.  I now have two pair of them and the are an amazing help but there's still the fit of the shoe that is a difficult part of the equation.

When i was still working,{driving truck} I tried all different kinds, ended up with wolverines' used to buy them at sears, they were around $100,cheaper if bought on sale.Extremely comfortable to wear all day, in and out of truck numerous times, very light also.Dont remember style number but they lasted 3-4 yrs.

I am another fan of the Timberland Pro. I am on concrete all day, and have tried most brands. Although the Redwings saved my feet, ankles, and legs, they were much heavier than the Timberland Pros. I get 2+ years out of a pair, then the bottoms of my feet start to ache.

I wear the Timberland for work and use the Merrell for pretty much everything else including hunting and work.  For me these boots work well and give me the extra padding and support I need.  I have found that Merrell is expensive but well worth it for my feet and back support.  I bought redwings but only keep them as spare hunting boots as I like the Merrell support better.

On 3/12/2017 at 5:10 PM, rachunter said:

i tried orthodics worked great but to much coin for me.it's like finding a needle in a hay stack when i go footwear shopping so far its irish setters, merrels,new balance sneakers and muck boots,

My origin orthodics are 10 years old and you couldn't tell them from the other pair that is 3, 4 or 5 years old??

4 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Well I didn't reread this whole thread but....  There's a Redwing store on Transit just up the street south of John and Mary's

Last couple pair of work boots were redwing , the guy told me the laces were guaranteed for life ,I thought"ya,right we'll see how good those things are" They must be reinforced with steel cable or something because those redwing laces never even wear down let alone break or come apart. 

20 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

My origin orthodics are 10 years old and you couldn't tell them from the other pair that is 3, 4 or 5 years old??

wow mine lasted 4 years and cost $200 a pair,i replace the dr.shcolls every 6 months.it's been working for me for 15 years,but i still have to choose good footwear  

I bought timberland pro series not to long ago after doing some research. Best boot ive ever owned. There insoles litteraly feel like you have two pillows strapped to your feet. I purchased them at Lockport outdoor store. I'm on my feet from 10-12 hours a day humping pipe for fire sprinkler systems. There are several different styles to choose from. Give them a try you won't be disappointed!