Get your vaseline ready NY! Its here...

phade

THERE IT IS! You don't really care about any thing more than not having this effect your areas..Lol that's was no surprise after reading you posts and bio...Lol..nothing left to say to you

Where is he saying that? Sounds like he is worried about the effect this could have on all bow hunters in the future. Regs like this not only effect the hunters in the areas they are impossed in they also have the potential to effect all hunters every where. Bow and Gun.

When a 2 week doe only muzzy season is droped in oct you will see what he is talking about. It has been stated that a sept gun hunt for doe only would be a better way to get does taken.  You guys are going crazy about haveing to wait 2 weeks to shoot a buck. There have also been complaints in the past of youth being able to hunt with a gun for 2 days during bow. I cant wait to see the reaction to a 2 week gun hunt in early oct or late sept. haveing guns in the woods before you get a chance at that buck will drive you all mad.

The dec never said that bow hunters could bring doe numbers down to what they want but it would help if more bow hunters shot does. Show them that you can bring the take persentage up in early season and maybe these stupid regs will go away. heck if that had of been done in the past these regs might not have vere came to light.  Bow hunters say they cant take enough does. Comments show u can just wont. His comment is saying try before worse things happen to youe bow season and on a larger season.

Belo,

I read the thread only hate I see comes in your post.

Please point out the other hate

Thanks

I'm not skimming 24 pages to quote the "if bow hunters shot more doe it would have prevented this" there's at least 3 or 4 who said it. To me that's being a hater in the modern sense of the word.

Just because you don't like what's being said doesn't make it hate!

But feel free to point it out.

Don't twist the word hate with the term hater. Maybe it's a generational thing, but essentially it's a term for disliking someone or a group for who they are and usually linked with jealousy.

Grow,

It doesn't affect me THIS year, but all these hissy fits knee jerk reactions aren't going to help bow hunters.

Next year year when there is a two week muzzleloader season thrown in archery season don't start whining!

See after that happens the two week season will spread throughout the state and Us True bow hunters who can actually see what's coming and are trying to prevent it will all be affected

So either bowhunters try and shoot does in the affected areas and try to appease DEC even the slightest or welcome the guns with open arms.

Pick a side

THERE IT IS! You don't really care about any thing more than not having this effect your areas..Lol that's was no surprise after reading you posts and bio...Lol..nothing left to say to you

Bingo.

For the folks here claiming bowhunters "don't shoot enough does" You still don't seem to be grasping the bottom line concept. Bowhunters are also gun hunters. Whether they take their does in bow or gun season is immaterial. A man only needs to kill what he eats. As belo and I and others have said. A dead doe is a dead doe. More deer will not be killed if bow hunters shoot more of their does during bow season.

And I will Echo what he and doc are saying, seems like a few guys who gun hunt but do not bowhunt are wrongly making this a bow hunter/gun hunter thing. Bowhunters ARE gun hunters. I guess I should be arguing with myself then!"

Edited by A Sportsman
  • Like 2

A Sportsman,

I don't think there is anyone here that doesn't understand that one dead doe is one dead doe no matter if it's shot in early archery ,regular season or late muzzleloader.

But if you think that's the bottom line I think you're greatly mistaken.

The DEC has, generally speaking, a month and a half archery season where they feel that not enough doe are being taken. THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE THIS !

The question is how?

Bow hunters taking more doe or establishing a early muzzleloader season during the archery season.

By the responses in this thread here come the guns!

Bottom line It's really that simple

• Like 1

For the folks here claiming bowhunters "don't shoot enough does" You still don't seem to be grasping the bottom line concept. Bowhunters are also gun hunters. Whether they take their does in bow or gun season is immaterial. A man only needs to kill what he eats. As belo and I and others have said. A dead doe is a dead doe. More deer will not be killed if bow hunters shoot more of their does during bow season.

And I will Echo what he and doc are saying, seems like a few guys who gun hunt but do not bowhunt are wrongly making this a bow hunter/gun hunter thing. Bowhunters ARE gun hunters. I guess I should be arguing with myself then!"

This seems perfectly sensible to me. I will never shoot more than 2 deer, because I don't need and can't fit more than 2 in my freezer. I am not much of a trophy hunter. Even if I do get excited by the prospect of that big 10 in my woods passing my stand. End of the day,I will be sure to pack the freezer first and worry about my wall hanging spots last, if at all. If I get my 2 deer in Bow, I don't gun hunt, apart from a boys weekend to the Adirondacks, which has never yielded a kill.

Tweaking the antler zones, or throwing extra DMPS at me, won't change the fact that I will never shoot more than 2 deer, unless I see absolutely unassailable evidence that we have too many deer for the environment to carry. And I am seeing the exact opposite of that in my part of 9H.

I have been checking cams in my new spot, not too far from our own house. In the last month I have only picked up on 1 very skinny doe with 2 fawns, that seem to be inhabiting an area that is full of large, old rubs. No sign of even yearling Bucks in the area, and this is territory that has not been hunted for years, I am told. It was a very hard winter. We are at high elevation.

Things are slightly better on my own property, but camera information is showing bucks to doe at a 4:1 ratio. I am not including fawns. Given what I am seeing, there is no way I am shooting any doe this year, unless gangs of them suddenly wander out of the brush piles.  It might be a lean season as far as the freezer is concerned. We'll see, but right now I have adopted a no doe policy. I won't apply for DMPs.I don't need them. Bow and Gun tags are more than enough for me.

Edited by Papist

A Sportsman,

I don't think there is anyone here that doesn't understand that one dead doe is one dead doe no matter if it's shot in early archery ,regular season or late muzzleloader.

But if you think that's the bottom line I think you're greatly mistaken.

The DEC has, generally speaking, a month and a half archery season where they feel that not enough doe are being taken. THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE THIS !

The question is how?

Bow hunters taking more doe or establishing a early muzzleloader season during the archery season.

By the responses in this thread here come the guns!

Bottom line It's really that simple

I'm not here to argue but if you agree that bow hunters are gun hunters, and dead doe is in fact just that, and it doesn't matter when she goes down....then let them throw an early mz season at us. The result will be no different than what we are discussing right now. A whole bunch of bow hunters who are gun hunters who will not take part. So unless masses of gun only hunters suddenly decide they want a part of an early mz season, invest in a mzldr for a season which may not last, to shoot doe only, the net result will be the same. Maybe I am wrong, maybe tons of people will jump on, but given the limited participation in late season, I doubt it, not for doe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jmythngdmb

At the end of the day I believe we are conservationists, and if we thought this plan DEC has would work, we would deal with it like adults. As far as I'm concerned I'd stop hunting if that was needed to protect the heard. Problem is most of us are convinced, rightfully so, that this plan cannot possible work. It's not that we are being selfish.

• Like 3

At the end of the day I believe we are conservationists, and if we thought this plan DEC has would work, we would deal with it like adults. As far as I'm concerned I'd stop hunting if that was needed to protect the heard. Problem is most of us are convinced, rightfully so, that this plan cannot possible work. It's not that we are being selfish.

Yes... It would be nice if the DEC would tell hunters how the plan has been designed to be successful.

• Like 1

Would you just give it a rest, it's been 24 pages already..... just let it go...

It's been 150 years, how about you give it a rest.

All in good fun brother, we are just talking about what we are passionate about.

Edited by Jmythngdmb
  • Like 1

Sorry but that already happens. Has for years. Farmer gets permits to shoot at night, Mexican farm hands ride around and gut shoot every deer they can get the scope on and we find them on our property all the time. Really helps our hunting in a way.

Not everyone cares about the wild vermin as they call them and could care less about tags,laws or any deer on their property. Others manage their land for their enjoyment and will not care about some guy sitting in a chair somewhere taking a guess on how many deer he has and which ones to shoot and who to let walk. They do a much better job than the DEC...Its proven year after year. Trust me, i do it,see it...Enjoy It!

Not sure what your getting at with the..Business of Deer Hunting.. statement has anything to do with this conversation. That part of the business has not began yet.

So are you saying that only the Mexicans do the dirty work?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I say again, the changes are pretty moronic, and might bleed into future seasons.

I think some of you are just getting way to left of center here. I guess if this a war being created ( in your minds ) as gun hunters VS bow hunters, we are in deep shit! The way people are talking in this thread, I think I will start going out for a beer more often. I will LMFAO watching a bunch of drunk hunters square off in the parking lot because one group were were wearing Hoyt shirts, and the other group were wearing Remington shirts. The new age gangs! Realtree for bow, Mossy Oak for guns. Be sure to get your swag on!

'Cmon!

But there's a bright side to people giving up hunting! For those of us that don't, we will get some great deals on used bows and guns! Also, less pressure on public land!

• Like 2

Would you just give it a rest, it's been 24 pages already..... just let it go... 

Just let us know who the members are that are forcing you to poke that link to this thread and maybe we can convince them to stop doing that. I hate to see anybody forced to access a topic that they really don't want to see.

• Like 2

Put yourself in the seat of a DEC decision-maker. You have decided that a dire situation is developing in certain WMUs. The herd is crazy out-of-control. It needs some emergency action to get it all back under control. You know the only way to do that is to take a significant number of does out of the herd.

Now if you really believe all that, what season would you use to do that kind of drastic doe reduction?

My thought is that if you were truthfully convinced that dire actions need to be used, I would be applying doe only days during some of the days of the most effective season that is likely to have the most significant effect. I have a regular gun season available for use that has more participants involved.Those more participants have demonstrated that they are much more efficient at getting the job done and likely are the only ones who really can. Seems pretty obvious where I would be putting the "doe only" days. Of course I would only do that if I happened to honestly believe the seriousness of the situation that I was portraying and that my only agenda was to bring down the herd size. Can anyone explain why would I be wrong with that decision?

• Like 3