quick way to view trail pics on phone

I know there is a bunch of diffrent ways to view the SD card from a trail camera,I figured I would share my new to me method for this year. I bought the external SD USB card reader and the USB adapter from best buy. Just plug the SD card into the reader and the phone automatically opens them,select all and save ,go on to the next camera and do the same thing ,it saves a bunch of time screwing around in the woods and allows for instant gratification.

post-2694-0-15340400-1439673772_thumb.jp

• Like 4

I remember reading in other places people use the USB cable to upload to phones. The actual phones weren't mentioned. You can do this a basic camera too. At least on my phone you can.

Also, if you pull the card, upload to your phone/device, you can put the card right back in. 

I think for the 2 it was 25 bucks. I thought I saw a one piece unit on the web for about 9 bucks. You can play videos just the same as looking at a picture. I have zero knowledge of Iphones. I would have ordered the cheaper one on line but I need it for tomorrow so I had to cough up the extra coin.

Actually, if you already have a USB charger for any phone, the USB will fit the card, and the end for the phone will already fit. Most of these cables are becoming universal. So upload from the field should be easy.

Give it two more years. Cams prices will skyrocket because you will have access anytime through an app on your phone. Just like now you can turn on your lights from your phone.

Edited by ....rob

Actually, if you already have a USB charger for any phone, the USB will fit the card, and the end for the phone will already fit. Most of these cables are becoming universal. So upload from the field should be easy.

Give it two more years. Cams prices will skyrocket because you will have access anytime through an app on your phone. Just like now you can turn on your lights from your phone.

I couldn't find a SD reader that had a female connection so that I could use the phone charger cord ,I explained to the nerdy gentleman what I wanted to do and he said "you need this and this" I wonder if the camera itself has a spot to plug the phone into without even removing the SD card.

post-2694-0-47689500-1439688410_thumb.jp

I ordered this from Amazon for my Samsung S5 phone .........  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PTY53N6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

I can view some SD cards on my Canon Camera but often it shows "no image" but when I get home and use a card reader I have pics .

Sometimes I get the same thing from my Wildgame handheld card viewer . I will give the camera viewer a try .

Just get the micro SD cards.  Leave them in the adapter that makes them a regular sized SD while they are in the camera.  When you get there, take them out and put the micro in your phone.  You can access the images easily that way without worrying about cables.

Just get the micro SD cards.  Leave them in the adapter that makes them a regular sized SD while they are in the camera.  When you get there, take them out and put the micro in your phone.  You can access the images easily that way without worrying about cables.

I have an Otter Box protector on my Samsung S5 . I would have to remove the Otter Bod to get to the micro SD card . Much easier using an adaptor .I some times have 8 cameras out in various properties . I would have to have a bunch of the mini cards with the SD converters . Easier to use a cable . 

• Like 1

I bought one for my motorola droid last year and it would not connect. I downloaded apps and such to try and make it work other ways, and no luck. Gave it to my buddy to use with his samsung, he plugged it in to his phone and it has worked immediately.. I don't know why it wouldn't work in my phone. I think it was only 7$ on amazon, and they sold different ones with different charge ports... (iphones ..etc..) 

I really wanted this to work more for walking in to a stand that has a camera near by you can check quick while in stand, instead of waiting until after the hunt. Otherwise i just use 2 cards per camera, swap one with the other, check at home or work :) 

I received a card reader that plugs into my Samsung S5 . I put a SD card in and can open it and see the pics but I can't view them like in the Gallery . I have to close each picture and open the next . Gotta figure out something else . No instructions . Pretty neat gadget though .

• Like 1

I received a card reader that plugs into my Samsung S5 . I put a SD card in and can open it and see the pics but I can't view them like in the Gallery . I have to close each picture and open the next . Gotta figure out something else . No instructions . Pretty neat gadget though .

I hook up the card reader which turns the phone on.

The phone will then automatically show the files on the card.

Mine are labeled as DCIM.

Once i get to the list of pictures ,i hit the 3 little vertical dots icon in the top right corner. This will have a option to "SELECT"  You can hit the square box in the top left next too where it says 0 selected and it will select them all.  After you have the pictures selected ,you click the 3 verticle dots again and this will open a box that will have options to copy ,move,rename. If you select move ,it will give you a list of places that you want to move the pictures too (probably your pictures folder) 

If you select copy then the card will need to be deleted with the phone

If you select move ,the pictures will be moved and the card will be empty.

Im not sure i explained it in a way that you can follow(My writing skills are poor)

• Like 1

Speaking strictly about Droid phones... Doesn't it depend on cell's OS/version, what apps the phone came with or ones you've downloaded? Has to be an app available for this viewing &/or editing thru a USB gizmo to be done on most Droids! But...there's no comparison to viewing a vid/photo of a nice buck on a 19"+ HD PC monitor vs a ~4-5" pocket-sized phone screen. I kind of enjoy the anticipation I get from swapping SD cards and waiting to see what pops up on my PC monitor after I get home!

I agree that its nice to see the pics while you are standing right at the camera ,make adjustments as necessary. You can still look at your pics on the computer when you get home because they'll saved on your phone. Also saving them on your phone gives you something to show your co-workers instead of doing work.  

Gotcha, understand! Would be more useful in setting up a new cam rather than one of those crappy card readers. Went that route years ago & was super disappointed. Most of my cams are set to video and are a couple years old, so the s/u is pretty well established. Guessing I won't be carrying one of those gizmo cables with me into the woods. Only instance might be during the season when I check cams. Now I'm thinking I just might have to invest the ~$10. Having the capability to view video on my new-ish Droid is a fairly recent adventure to me. 

Gotcha, understand! Would be more useful in setting up a new cam rather than one of those crappy card readers. Went that route years ago & was super disappointed. Most of my cams are set to video and are a couple years old, so the s/u is pretty well established. Guessing I won't be carrying one of those gizmo cables with me into the woods. Only instance might be during the season when I check cams. Now I'm thinking I just might have to invest the ~$10. Having the capability to view video on my new-ish Droid is a fairly recent adventure to me. 

My dad had his camera set on video and we havent found a way to get the droid to play a video. We tried downloading different codecs with no luck.