quick way to view trail pics on phone

You guys are killing me! LOL. Up until ~2yrs ago, all I wanted my flip phone for was for emergencies. Now look at me checking out this device. Who says you can't teach old farts dogs new tricks?

From what I just read, the technology (OS) needed to use one of these gizmos is called OTG (On The Go). There was a site that explained how to check your phone & I believe it listed an app you could use in place of OTG. Basically, if you can connect your phone to your PC via a cable and upload or download files - you're all set.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-tell-if-your-android-phone-or-tablet-supports-usb-on-the-go/

I usually use the cheapos from Ebay for $3-5. They work to look at pics in the field. I find that it is not really all that fast and user friendly, and thus I usually only use them in-season or for a specific reason. I typically swap the cards out and get out of dodge. Plus, running 15+ cams....ain't nobody got time for looking at pics in the field.

I have viewers on a couple cams and they work when needed, too.

My dad and I were shooting tonight and he mentioned that he found an app. that will play the avi. video files from his trail camera. He down loaded the VLC app.

I've used VLC on my computer and had a TON of problems with it. Some people use it with no issues - if it works for you - it seems to work great. If not, you have all kinds of computer problems with it. Was your phone android or iphone?