big change of plans...

Ok So thankfully Turners hadn't put the seed order in.  Mr. B started bugging me about getting the disc off he needs the backhoe on...Called and I will be running over to pic up a couple hundred pounds of bin run WW...and discing it in today...So got to run...good thing I've been working on the big field for the last 2 wks. She should disc in fine and then I'll drag it smooth and put a layer of red clover over it. So much for finishing up the blind...only a little more cutting to do and framing ...

I had to replace a front tire on the 9N...

HOPEFULLY it will be mounted and I can it  back on the tractor today...

Planning to have 3 acres ready to plant this weekend..2 acres will be oats/rut strut clover mix..

The adjacent acre will be rape, radishes and turnips...

• Like 1

all that food plot planting that venison steak will cost 35 bucks a ounce ;)

Seeing we have the equipment already...and attachments have been gifts over the years, that will keep there value.......I could be spending more money golfing...bowling...even target shooting and have nothing to show for it...other than physical activity....This could be considered a cheap hobby at least...At most a very profitable one when we ever decide to sell...I have a game portfolio that I add to each year... ;) 

So get disc greased check oil...don't like what I see ...hhmmmm parked level.......so called Mr.B ...he will check when he gets home ...until then Back to the blind...I certainly can add oil to machines ...but I'm always worried I'll add too much...which is not good ......my mini bike years coming back to haunt me...lol

Just got finished with last discing...but dragged this time...up to get the gator then going down to spread the seed and drag it in...I will wait until I see how the WW germinates and comes up before going down with the red clover...I think having to plant this early will give me enough time to do that...

Dang hot and I have to spread an acre by hand...the pull behind got a flat tire and Mr B has it apart :umbrage:  Finishing second coffee and headed out...I still have 3 more areas...another acre in all... to plant.

planted our Dropetine Trohy buffet yesterday..oats, ww, winter peas and red clover.  two weeks earlier than i like but this is the only time i will have to get it in

Ive never planted Winter peas before, i have got an acre to plant of oats/clover mix come September, i would like to try these. Do the deer eat them early bow season, late season or all through the fall? 

Here they eat them the moment they reach 4 inches...I planted max attract and they have a lot in the mix...they are hitting them hard while the clover and chicory get a start.

phew just got that acre done and disced another small area between the clover/alfalfa and the HR/TTT/PT area...got a bite to eat going to go drag ...plant and drag again Hopefully rain will hold off for the last 1/2 acre woodland plat to disc....the other areas I broke ground with the disc but need to till them so they will be planted later...Mr B can get his tractor back.. ;)

I got the upper plot done where the soybeans were last year and was going to go disc thr 1/2 woodland plot ...but thunder is overhead and it's pretty grey...OMG I'm tire dirty and sore...I had to walk that lane way plot 6 times with a hand held spreader...the push spreader was no match for the rocks down there...the ground had quiet a bit of moisture when I disced it...really wanted to mow today...OH Well....

The WW and clover is popping through nicely I have one woodland plot that I thought would have enough sun for the PT but it came in too lanky so I over seeded that with WW/ clover...hopefully there's enough sun for that...geez I cut enough trees there should be...unfortunately as the sun moves lower in the sky it's catching the canopies from trees I just wont cut.I knew it should have been a spring planting to establish the plants but this year there was just too much rain,,,maybe next...deer are traveling that area so we'll see.I still have just 2 spots that need WW/clover so I will get that Sept planting in I see...they need to be tilled so it will take a bit more time.

Time I don't have....... with the garden in full bloom...I have green fingers from snipping and freezing pole beans...and I have 6 big heads of cabbage  staring at me right now...looks like Netflix will be playing some time today....Mr B wanted a new TV so he put the 30 in. flat screen on the kitchen wall...lol I thought really!! at the time...but now I'm thinking OK snipping,slicing , parboiling and packing/canning winter food is just such tedious work this might be nice.

no tapes ...but I do have the fire stick so Amazon and Netflix...I wish these two would start listing hunting shows in their programming...I don't mind the occasional stupid air pounding and heavy breathing OMG's after a shot entertainment...lol ...

eeggads  cabbage is a pain...I believe I'll be packing sauerkraut tomorrow