Hunting Talk Radio for NY

mike rossi

Seems like we had one here some years ago but it was broadcast at 5 or 6am on one of the weekend days.  I don't know if I ever heard it as I would usually be sound asleep in bed or would just forget it was on when traveling early in the morning.

Maybe another local can give up some more details??

Larry, I am trying to get interviewed about doves. Will said he will be interviewing me. There was some discussion on here about Hurst on some radio show in the deer thread - I am not wading through 35 pages to find it. Not until after the spring snow goose conservation order season is over anyway.....

• Like 1

Maybe Bob Losberry, he is a hunter. Wham13

Paula is correct.

Maybe I misunderstood the original question but the show Bob does is a general talk radio show out of Rochester. I thought you were looking for a dedicated hunting program.

I've been a fan of Lonsberry for many years and listen quite often even in Buffalo. I don't know that he is much of a bird hunter but is certainly a deer hunter and definitely pro gun.

• Like 1

That is the one - Lonsberry. I looked him and his show up, not what I thought it was. He is a rush limbough type , and he broadcasts to a wide audience, rather than hunters. 

That susan albetter on capital pressroom would be good if she didnt work for a station that reaches the general public, rather than projecting her personal opinions, she researches the issues, plans her questions, and asks relevant questions. Hope fully there is someone in the hunter -based media that is as thorough as her. 

I am open to any other suggestions, either talk radio or magazine or outdoor / hunting columns in newspapers.

The DEC had that dude interview them, really? Amazing..... 

Paula is correct.

Maybe I misunderstood the original question but the show Bob does is a general talk radio show out of Rochester. I thought you were looking for a dedicated hunting program.

I've been a fan of Lonsberry for many years and listen quite often even in Buffalo. I don't know that he is much of a bird hunter but is certainly a deer hunter and definitely pro gun.

no, that is right, a dedicated hunting program. could be news paper or other print as well.