MZ season

dirt_a_KISS

Is it me or did they extend the muzzle loader season for the southern zone to December 22. Because I thought last year it went till the 16 or 17 of December.

most of the the season dates are off this year......archery gets an additional week, regular season starts a week later, thus moving the muzzle loader season back a week..........or something along those lines. But I don't believe it's extended.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 1

Any of you old geezers remember when the (SZ) regular deer season started on a specific date every year? Rural high schools would actually close due to high absenteeism. Small businesses would also be forced to close because so many employers wanted off to go hunting on opening day. Thus the evolution of the flexible (SZ) 3rd Saturday in Nov opener! Bow and ML seasons accordion around the start/end date of the SZ regular season.

A later SZ ML season, just another factor I can use to try and justify not going out then. Along with does only! Oops, did I say that?

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1

Any of you old geezers remember when the (SZ) regular deer season started on a specific date every year? Rural high schools would actually close due to high absenteeism. Small businesses would also be forced to close because so many employers wanted off to go hunting on opening day. Thus the evolution of the flexible (SZ) 3rd Saturday in Nov opener! Bow and ML seasons accordion around the start/end date of the SZ regular season.

A later SZ ML season, just another factor I can use to try and justify not going out then. Along with does only! Oops, did I say that?

I thought it was the third Monday of November instead of the third Saturday...........if I remember correctly the numeric date was subject to change as it is now, only difference was it opened on a business / school day.

• Like 1

Doe only MZ season...I am sure I'll get out once or twice, but it sure isn't going to be with any vigor. Or maybe I'll hunt it and shoot my does then instead of being enticed not to hunt the first two weeks of Oct to only shoot a doe when its hot and buggy and needs processing right away.

Decisions decisions.

• Like 3

Just shoot bucks that dropped their horns, shot 2 that way in muzzleloader last year. The bigger the pedicale the more bragging rights you have , had an 1 inch and 1.25 last dec. Hard to look for get you in practice for antler restrictions next year state wide