What type of rifle rounds ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about deer hunting rounds, I can't answer that yet. Although the change is in process, we still are a shotgun only county for deer.

However, on my other rifles: I use Hornady's V-max or SST bullets with Federal primers and Win 93 or IMR 4198 powder.

Doc

For white-tail, 120 grain Barnes TSX handloads out of my NULA 7mm-08.  Could change in a moments notice to a 243 with Coreloks.  If I spend the time getting a load together, I'd like to use 55 grain TSX bullets in my 223 Ackley.

Although I hunt PA each year and have hunted a few other states, I look forward to hunting with a rifle in Ontario and Wyoming Counties this fall.

I've got 1 box of 50 rounds that I reloaded that I just keep around because the look so Purdy.....lol.

.223, nickel plated cases, with Hornady V-max bullets. Man they shine like jewelry. I just can't bring myself to shoot them.

Doc

The only thing I am currently set up for is 30-06 , 308 , & 30/30. With the 30/30 I use lever evolution bullets which truly makes a world of difference

the 06 is a 1903, in 308 I have a rem 700 & a Howa and the 30/30 I have a Marlin

• 2 weeks later...