Shed season 2010 - 2011

WNYBuckHunter

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing in the way of sheds yesterday, but I did get into a few good looking areas I'll need to get back to when we get another thaw.

My guess is two roadkills here. First one's an old doe. The 2'nd pic a button buck that was VERY fresh and still warm to touch. Concidered a backstrap lunch, but I just had a sammich. ;)

DSC_1200.jpg

DSC_1201.jpg

At a few new fields I found a lot of antlerless deer in groups of 10-20 grazing in the distance.

CSC_1280.jpg

CSC_1283.jpg

In total I covered over 6 mile of ground yesterday and came home empty handed. :'(  So far that's 4 dead doe and fawns, and one dead buck.

Sure looks like some fresh blood on the ear of that little button buck.Good shot to the shooter.He must have been close to do that.Some people will just do anything i guess.Little guy makes it through winter then someone jacks him!!!

Nah, that little fella was definately roadkill. His ribs were jello. I must have just missed it. He made it 20 yds or so off the road with a group of other deer headed into the park. Their tracks cut a neighboring houses lawn before he shuffled across the ditch and died. Clean and legal kill there. They even crossed where they were supposed to within 100 yds of the deer crossing sign. :)

This winter has to have been hard on the herd in areas

My primary ground was caught in that 42" in 30 hrs storm in late Nov-Per observation and camera surveys it appears alot of the bucks "vanished" by mid Dec..think the possibility of dropping early due to that winter stress is a consideration of mine...

A buddy of mine found this guy while out snowmobiling this afternoon.  I watched this buck grow all summer.  He grossed 130" but would have been around 145" if he hadn't been all busted up.

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

There appears to be a bullet hole going through the jaw.  I'll know for sure when I skin the head out...

IMG_0425.jpg