Got my Maine bear tooth info back

bowtech2

Not sure if people know if you get a bear in Maine the collect a tooth. Last year my father and I both got bears. My fathers was 16yrs old mine they couldn't age cause the tooth was damage. Someone on the list got one that aged 31 yrs old. If find this to pretty cool that Maine does this.

• Like 3

Not sure if people know if you get a bear in Maine the collect a tooth. Last year my father and I both got bears. My fathers was 16yrs old mine they couldn't age cause the tooth was damage. Someone on the list got one that aged 31 yrs old. If find this to pretty cool that Maine does this.

Damn, what a cool thing!  16 yo for pop's and somebody else killed a 31 yo specimen? 

About the coolest in my view........

really fun to get those results.  that's why we do it for deer.  I didn't do one of my doe taken last year but it was probably around 11 or 12.  definitely 8.5+ yrs old.  I know a couple guys from other co-ops around here that shot doe that came back at 15 and 20 years old!  for a deer that seems crazy to me.  it's more commonly done with bear by state wildlife agencies though.