Another question

fearthebeard

Hunt it the same. I like to hunt just inside the woods, along runs leading back and forth to the crop fields. I like to have a lane ore two out to the fields but count mostly on the deer coming through the woods before and after  they hit the field. Late afternoon and early morning. It has worked well for me.

Hunt it the same. I like to hunt just inside the woods, along runs leading back and forth to the crop fields. I like to have a lane ore two out to the fields but count mostly on the deer coming through the woods before and after they hit the field. Late afternoon and early morning. It has worked well for me.

its easier for me not to spook them in the pm in the morning they are in the field and even tho I'm in the woo. Line I Havint seen much action early

If the corn is still standing when you hunt it might provide a little more 'sanctuary' cover. Once it's cut there is little difference between corn and beans. If you saw deer after the corn was cut last year you'll probably see deer again whether the beans are cut or not. I wouldn't change anything.

On the farm I hunt, the two farmers rotate their corn and bean fields. When one area is in corn, it will be hot with action that year, when its in beans and the opposite end of the farm is in corn, the area with the beans dies right off after the beans are harvested, and the corn area gets hot. Most of the time, the corn doesnt come down until the last week or so of gun season. Beans will be gone before gun season starts. Once the corn is down, the deer spread out between the cut beans and the cut corn.

I move a few stands each year to account for this. We leave others right where they are, the deer still use the bedding near the beans, and you can catch them funneling between that bedding and the corn.