what caliber got your first deer

45/70

Dang !!  Who's the good lookin' young stud holding the shotgun ??

Once again, nice gun and a priceless heirloom..Those guns were made with quality and workmanship that you just don't see in today's products, unless you pay a king's ransom...

Edited by Pygmy

Dang !! Who's the good lookin' young stud holding the shotgun ??

Once again, nice gun and a priceless heirloom..Those guns were made with quality and workmanship that you just don't see in today's products, unless you pay a king's ransom...

apparently I shot that doe at Yankee Stadium Edited by The_Real_TCIII
  • Like 2

Opening day deer, 1973, shot with an Ithica Model 37 16 ga. shooting Remington Sluggers. He was a small spike, following a group of doe's while I sat shaking in my boots on a stone wall along a field edge. I still hunt that property. And can still vividly recall every detail of that hunt.

30-30 chambered Winchester model 94... dad's gun he got his first deer with and then had to track it down as he sold it.  many years later I had it in my hands and took my first deer with it, a 6 pointer.  probably 2.5 years old.  my younger brother ended up using it to get his first deer too.

• Like 2

.32 Win Spl in PA. (3pt) I see a not of shotguns here, I guess due to shot gun only areas...right?.

Correctimundo, Freytown...

Much of southwestern NY was shotgun,handgun, ML only until rifles were approved within the last few years....Some of us old timers hunted with shotguns and slugs for many, many years...

I have a old bolt ac. Mossberg 12 ga. That I just redone and put a red-dot sight on. Never used it for deer..but got a lot of small game with it.

Mine has the single screw on chokes .that was before the

Polly choke.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Edited by 45/70

First deer 20 yard shot with a 35 marlin.

He lifted his head to try and smell for me hit him on the first shoot took 1/2 of his neck out last time i ever took a shot like that. 

I thought that was a rabbit hanging there for a second! LOL  Just pulling your leg.  I've shot deer of all sizes, so I'll be the last one here to accuse you of being a bambi killer!