Hunting license

Bowshotmuzzleloader

So today me and my son went to Dicks Sporting goods to purchase our hunting license ,, guess what their printer was broken....

We then went to Walmart and machine worked fine for me, when they tried for my son it wouldn't work ,, they had to keep logining in almost 20 times , it took the better part of 30 minutes and not to mention the trip to Dicks .. It's hard to believe that they can't get this system up and running , it's been like this ever since its been created ,,, I guess the old book of stamps and pen to sign your name was to much work ..

Very frustrating to say the least if they are going to create a system at least make one that works,,

The fellow helping us said that this happens all the time in the afternoon and isn't just a one time deal ,, and said it makes his job even harder ..

Edited by Bowshotmuzzleloader

I ordered my tags online. Real easy to do. Came in the mail like 5 days later. I got tired of going to Walmart for the same problems you had. Last year I waited over a hour for my license after getting to my 3rd Walmart so almost half my day blown getting a license. Took 15 mins online to set up my account and buy the tags. Give it a try

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine at a Dick's this morning. Can't read half the tag numbers for calling it in. So just a couple more deer that don't get reported. I try to do my part, but it gets to be ridiculous. Last year my perforations were out of line but I could still read all the tags. Other people had all the ink come off. Jesus, go back to plain old paper. 

• Like 1

That's why I get mine at the Town Clerk's office .

Yeah, that's one of the times I get to go down to the Town Hall and get to chat with our town leaders and see what they are up to, and get all caught up on the town gossip and rumors ..... lol.

I just order it online, that way theres no worries about printers, lines, etc. I get mine in the mail in 2 or 3 days.

Same here, a couple days its at my house. However my sons, for whatever reason, takes forever. Got his lifetime on Sept 1, then it took over 3 weeks to get his DMP in the mail.

Went to get mine today.

Wally-frikin-world is a joke around me for hunting license. I went today, and just like last year, their whole system was down. I wasn't in the mood to drive 40 minutes backtracking to Dicks. The guy at the counter was nice and told me that a local gun shop issues them. I was unaware as I do not buy anything from this shop. Prices are a bit high ( on most items ). Anyway, had my tags in about 3 minutes, and then another 40 minutes looking around. If I had had the money I would have bought an old AR 74 ( I think that's what the tag said, bad handwriting ) in .22 for $300. I was shocked when the g/f was looking at compact Ruger pistols in .40.

Edited by ....rob