What I imagine every opening day

Kot2B

I agree 100% I just don't know who taught these idiots on how to hunt. Watching this puts it in perspective what the rest of us responsible hunters hear as we sit in our stands. As the volley of shots ring off before legal shooting.

• Like 1

I've shot a pile of deer on drives. But now that we're "managed" that's out on the farm .

We always had the watchers 1/2 mile or more from the drivers . You post up where the deer are going to generally for us across a large field to the next patch of cover.

By the time they get there they often stop and stare before committing to entering it, that makes it easy to drop 1,2 . We had exact trees and bushes they run to every time .

" you stay behind this bush and don't move, they'll pop,out of that little dip in the field"

I miss that .

• Like 2

Not for me. That is the complete opposite of how I like to hunt. Though it is legal and many deer are killed this way each year. And some hunters are very good at successfully organizing large drives. If we do drive deer, it's only a two man drive. With one sitting down wind and the other walking SLOWLY with the wind at his back. Usually about 50/50 on who gets the shot. I just don't like to hunt with a bunch of hunters. But that's just me! 

• Like 1

Not for me. That is the complete opposite of how I like to hunt. Though it is legal and many deer are killed this way each year. And some hunters are very good at successfully organizing large drives. If we do drive deer, it's only a two man drive. With one sitting down wind and the other walking SLOWLY with the wind at his back. Usually about 50/50 on who gets the shot. I just don't like to hunt with a bunch of hunters. But that's just me! 

My cousin and have done it, no success

We do drives every year. You wont catch us running across fields and stuff like that though. As Larry302 explained, we know where the deer will usually head to, and posters are setup near the patch of cover they will head for. Whenever possible, standers are in treestands, and they shoot in the opposite direction from the drivers. We always know where each other is at.

We have lots of areas that never get pushed.

We also do small pushes to each other when we are leaving our stands. Its more like one guy still hunts from his stand over to someone else's stand.

I've been involved in many drives, always found it exciting.....needs to be done safely and with a predetermined plan. The way that video is put together makes it seem chaotic, but that may not be the case.

Oh..That was chaos..Bullets whizzing by other hunters, hunters not sure who was shooting, guys diving for cover.. guys shooting at bucks that are running across the top of a hill..Chaos . Even if it was several clips of different hunts strung together, it was several incidents of chaos. But hey they were all wearing orange..

Oh..That was chaos..Bullets whizzing by other hunters, hunters not sure who was shooting, guys diving for cover.. guys shooting at bucks that are running across the top of a hill..Chaos . Even if it was several clips of different hunts strung together, it was several incidents of chaos. But hey they were all wearing orange..

to be quite honest I really didn't watch it..just kind fast forwarded it along. I gotta go back and watch with the audio on.

• Like 1

Interesting ..... My computer doesn't want to display the image of the video. I could hear the audio just fine, but the picture was heavily ghosted to the point where I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. I did get the gist that it was one crazy drive.

Not my personal favorite way to hunt. Driving used to be very popular back in the 50's and early 60's when we still had some defined fields and woodlots down in the valley. I always stayed clear of the drives themselves, but I also knew the spots on the side hills where the deer would funnel through as the guys pushed them out almost a quarter of a mile down the hill ..... lol. Thanksgiving day it was almost guaranteed that the big outfits would come in and drive the thickets down through the valley. So I would make sure that I was in that spot up on the side hill.

Wow; bullets flying by the standers head, shooting and hitting a skylined buck, running with loaded guns and trying to shoot a deer in a herd that is running. Awesome....

I'll be passing on buying that DVD thank you.

What turned me off right away was using a loaded firearm as a cane.

Rule: Treat every firearm, as if it were loaded.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter