Browning Bar Boss

magnumhunt

Hey guys maybe someone can give me some input. I was about to purchase a browning bar boss and was told its illegal to own in NY. This shop that owns it is in fact in NY,hes selling it on the internet. Apparently the muzzle is what makes it illegal and its semi auto? Any help truely appreciated.

I do not post a lot but I own a rem 742 and almost put a muzzle brake on it. After I read the new law that was enacted in 2013 I was glad that I did not put a muzzle brake on it as I believe the way the law was written I would have had to register my gun. Since both the Rem 742 and Browning BAR are both semi- auto's with a detachable magazine then I would say that trying to buy either with a muzzle brake would be illegal at this point in time. The law is very convoluted (phuckedup)!

The language in the law does not specify muzzlebreaks.  It lists suppressors or threaded so that it can accept a suppressor.  If the muzzlebreak is detachable thus allowing you to remove the muzzlebreak and replace it with a suppressor afterwards, is semi-auto, and accepts detachable magazines, then it's an "assault weapon".  If the muzzlebreak is built in and can't be detached to accept a suppressor, then it should not be considered an "assault weapon".

This is a perfect example of how this sham of a law was meant to target honest gun owners. The law refers to flash suppressors not muzzle breaks. But could one of the kings goons  say that the break is a flash suppressor and charge a person with   a felony? Or say that it is in fact a muzzle break, but that the barrel is threaded?

Edited by ants