kill spot...

growalot

I went down to work in the blind area...switching ladders and trimming tree limbs moving the metal ladder stand that was in front of the blind tower....

When I walked the lane way  I found a ripped apart raccoon,a skin bag from a rabbit.  parts of a squirrel and several voles...yuckkkkk needless to say maggot city and stink!...so later I return and their are 6 turkey vulture feasting....perhaps this is a good sign...by the way clover and the PT in the WW is growing like wild fire...also the local hawks are happy...they sounded off constantly as I worked...

Edited by growalot

lol..... To see it one might ponder that ;) ...I found back feet of raccoon the squirrel and the chuck gone when I went down and finished putting the deck on the blind tower...I was only here long enough to rip a piece of plywood...that didn't take long. rabbit and squirrel tails here and there...I wonder why the vultures got the majority of it.

No ..I have never seen any thing like that actually...now the yotes and fox both have been taking up a lot of cam space...but our hawk population is wonderful...I haven't heard any owls this year...though we do get many passing through in the fall, Great horned in particular...

Huh.... now that I say that...I hope the lack of owls isn't  due to all the wind turbines to our south

I don't in all honesty know much about vultures...but wonder  seeing the squirrel and that good sized ,footless chuck disappeared so quickly... Do they or will they pick up carrion and take it to a different place to eat?... that lane way is now lush  and it is secluded and shaded.....Then again this is the first time it has had really good food in it for the animals...and it is surrounded by woods on either side easy ambush spot...it is now twice as thick than when I took that pic. a few days ago..what a good rain can do!

Edited by growalot