Bear

Adkhunter1590

Had a bear take my camera off the tree. I knew there was a bear in the area just didn't expect it to rip my camera down lol. Only a few teeth marks in the case but still works fine! Put the camera back up so hopefully I can get some better pics. The pics I have now aren't the greatest but you can tell it's the fur of a bear. Anyone else have any bears take their cameras down?

post-3252-0-42061500-1442499430_thumb.jp

post-3252-0-50238700-1442499438_thumb.jp

post-3252-0-92955300-1442499447_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I had this happen many times over the past 2 years in one specific area.  I have about 10 cameras set up in different areas about 15 miles apart and there is only one specific area that my camera gets ripped off the tree by a bear.  After 2 years of that I decided to  not put a camera up there any more.  On all of the other areas none of the bears bother them.   And believe me, we have allot of bears.

Was this in the Partridge Run area? I'm hearing of a few good size bears over there.

Sure was. This is the third encounter I've had with bears up in partridge. The first two times they were in some real tall grass and I spooked them. This is the first time I've had one on camera though. I first thought someone stole my camera when I walked up to where I set it. A little looking around and I found the camera on the ground and the strap about 15 yards away. I was pleased to see no one stole my camera though lol. I'm hoping no one will bother my cams or stands on the state land. Now that the camera is hung back up it will be cool to see if I can get better pics of this bear. Even better if I can put a tag on it!

• Like 1

As long as you are off the beaten path over there, your stands and cam's should be ok. Not nearly as many hunters there as years past. But even on private land there is no guaranty against theft. Good luck over there on the run. I responded to your PM a couple days ago. Contact me anytime, if I can help ya out, I will!

• Like 1