Biggest buck of the year...

WNY Bowhunter

That is pretty awesome to be able to pass that one for a friend!  Hats off to you WNY Bowhunter!!!  He would be border line on private property but I would shoot if stalking on state land!  Hope your buddy appreciates you and I hope to see him later on this year with that buck!!!

• Like 2

High scores are great, but I seriously doubt many would let this buck walk. I wouldn't. To be honest, if I had something even close to this I would be waiting for him all season and if I ate tag soup so be it. I might not be a rack hunter but this one get my attention, and keep it. 

I agree and I hope your buddy gets him WNY Bowhunter. If not and you let him pass he should be really huge next season.

Do you hunting deer or numbers?  That is a beautiful buck, who cares what it scores.

Nobody cares what he scores until YOU shoot it. 

You'll wait the mandated 60 days then beat feet to the NYS Big Buck Club measuring event in your locale to get some guy to put a tape to it.

Tell me you won't........................

Of course I'm not hunting "numbers" but I think some on here are.  I'm the last guy to be called a "big buck hunter" but (although SamPotter says other wise about the extra point) an extra point or broken tine doesn't help a score.  If its close to "book" you'll be counting every inch, I'm betting.

:)

• Like 1

That is pretty awesome to be able to pass that one for a friend!  Hats off to you WNY Bowhunter!!!  He would be border line on private property but I would shoot if stalking on state land!  Hope your buddy appreciates you and I hope to see him later on this year with that buck!!!

I don't think (and I was wrong at one point about 8 years ago and could be now) WNYBowhunter was "passing" this buck he just isn't hunting him, meaning hunting that property. 

Just an interpretation of what he said.........in my mind.

I don't think (and I was wrong at one point about 8 years ago and could be now) WNYBowhunter was "passing" this buck he just isn't hunting him, meaning hunting that property. 

Just an interpretation of what he said.........in my mind.

I can hunt this property...my friend and his bro in law control the hunting on the several farms that their family farming operation owns...but, I will leave my friend alone in his quest for this deer during bow season. Later on during gun I'll probably hunt it a bit.  Make no mistake, this deer won't get passed up and most likely hasn't been passed up previously. 

• Like 1

Must be me...but the top bucks main beams look longer...mass looks to be sightly more and only 2 tines slightly longer...you think he'd score less?

I leaning more towards up 140's...he's got longer beams and several inches on the spread than the bottom buck. The head on pics are deceiving as his G2's are actually longer than they appear at that angle since they both curl at the tip. Reguardless, he's one of the best bucks that I've ever got on trail cam.

how long is a deer ear,6"?...that G2 looks like it's 14 " long in that pic!

Deer ears are generally very close to 7", with an average deer having 4" between the ears on the head. Its fair to say ear tip to ear tip is 18" on an average adult deer.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I personally wouldn't care what he scored, too many people rate a buck based on score these days because they watch too many hunting shows on TV. If its a big buck I'm gonna try to kill him. Whether it be 100" or 150". Period. That's a phenomenal buck by anyone's standards, beautiful animal.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• Like 2