What's in your pack?

jrussell

ugh off the top of my head. (and some of these make it into a cargo or jacket pocket)

facemask

lighter

extra batteries

gps

mobi juicpack for phone

calls

gut gloves

tags

candy bar

headlamp

water bottle

cheap orange vest during gun

release during bow

hand warmers

field wipes

pen

orange marking tape

poopie paper

range finder

binoculars

knife

• Like 1

I tend to go in for an all day hunt so I carry a lot:

-first aid kit

-enough water for the day and then some

-low odor food: nuts, an apple, raisins

-extra warm cloths for the sit

-binos

-flashlight w extra batteries

-knife

-rope

-license w pen,

-hand warmers

-camera

-calls

-paper towels w hand wipes

I use a lot of ziplock bags to keep things dry, organized and to cut down on odor.

• Like 1

All day hunt, partial sitting.  A few pens, Tupperware with large triple decker sandwich, chips soda trail mix, energy bars.  Knife, flashlights, GPS extra bat, 2 compasses, map, dressing gloves, extra gloves, rain jacket and pants extra pants and jacket for cold days.  Extra orange hat and vest.  Buck and doe calls, drag rope, paracord, radio if friends are with me, fire starter, small first aid kit, crazy glue.  Extra release for bow.  Lighters.  Toilet paper!!!  Binoculars and rangefinder during bow, no rangefinder for rifle.  Foam seat is attached to the day pack and I slip it under the pack when hiking.  Camera, sometimes.  ADK or deep woods. 

I lighten the pack up on LI as the weather is usually mild and getting stuck or lost is not really an option plus the cell phones work.  Even less when I am monkeying around in a tree.

I carry a bag. In it is my little propane stove, lighter, utensil knife, pan,cup, eggs, venison sausage, pancakes batter, homemade butter, maple syrup and a large amount of that orange drink stuff. I through some apples, pears, plumbs, and peaches in the side compartment, along with some of those Little Debbie snack cakes. That should hold me over till lunch.

The rest of my deer stuff, goes in my jacket pockets.

• Like 2

Ya start with kitchen sink and work backwards ......

Couple screw in steps.

Extra gloves and facemask, (i tend to leave them in other pockets or drop them on way in)

Binos.

Pack of hunters baby wipes.

Snacks and water.

First aid pouch ( knives and broadheads tend to be sharp)

" survival pouch" fire starter, compass,knife, trash bag , 550 cord flashlight also tags,pens, zip ties go,in this.

Ball cap if wearing watch cap, watch cap if wearing ball cap......

Tree stand seat cushion as I don't leave them on stands .

And most important Atomic Fireballs!!!!

On me at all times. Wallet, cell phone, flashlight tension relief strap, Spyderco knife clipped where I can reach it while hanging by harness ( tested this, harness does ride up and limit access you may have had)

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

The one that stays in the truck all season:

Rope, para cord, spare compass, two knives, super glue, duct tape, pens, space blanket, lighters, bag of dryer lint ( great for starting fires ), spare gloves, binoculars, 6 bottles of water, a few packs of Mountain House meals, lighters, 2 flashlights, map of area, small poncho, first aid kit, TP, and a bottle of Alieve.

Day carry ( Sometimes, I don't always carry a pack ):

Dragging rope, small amount of para cord, super glue, TP, pens, spare knife, spare flashlight, duct tape, 2 bottles of water, compass, binoculars, baby wipes, spare ammo, and lunch + thermos of coffee if an all day sit.

If just a morning or evening sit, I just put things in my pockets. All you need is your weapon ( ammo if gun hunting ), a knife, flashlight, a pen, and dragging rope.