2015 HuntingNY Gun Harvest Thread

WNYBuckHunter

Post up pics of your 2015 gun season deer here!

Only pictures with the associated story will be allowed in this thread. If you want to congratulate someone, please do it by clicking on the "like this" button for the post. There will be no exceptions.

Feel free to start a new thread if you wish to have comments in addition to posting the photo / story here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

96dead6e44b1f8d235803ffa5edaf368.jpg

Nailed this big doe 7:45 this morning in the cold n wind .... Came in with three other doe's behind me .... Took the top section of my climber out ( summit open shot, no rail) n had a nice comfy seat at the base of the tree , don't know why I never did that years ago .... Spotted her early n slipped off the seat n propped the gun up on the climber seat n she came into the scope n bang , dropped like a sack a potatoes 70 ish yds out ... Now lookin for that buck who did me wrong during bow ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 21

was wearing a white hoodie. so Monday morning I left camp and drove to a spot closer to home I was in the stand for 15 minutes when a doe came walking threw at 40 yards I took a shot she didn't move so I shot again and she dropped. when I walked up to her she had 2 shots in the lungs.

post-1581-0-47758500-1448383213_thumb.jp

• Like 22

Hunting in Churchville (8G), this morning. She came in with a huge doe, but they knew something was wrong, & they were really alert. They were about to bolt, so I took the first chance I had. 15yards. Thankful to have her.

post-1188-0-53084200-1448454851_thumb.jp

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 21

The doe on the left is the one i got this am, My buddy and i decided too just stand around in the woods this am, We figured that people would start pushing the deer and sure enough, after 20 mins of just standing there shooting the bull, Four doe ran into the wood lot, I took aim with my 30-30 and dropped her in her tracks, 

The deer on the right is my buddies deer, He asked if he could bring his daughter with him to hunt last night, so i threw a ground blind up in the middle of a large hay field and this bb comes out with a smaller one, At the time he didnt realize it was a bb, but it doesnt really matter, His daughter was happy and seeing as he is injured and cant walk right now, And i didnt have to drag the deer very far, I didnt mind him shooting it, His daughter cant wait till she is old enough to hunt, That is what its about for me, Passing down the tradition,  Sorry for the pick up pics but in hurry to get to the butcher and then home to get ready for dinner, 

post-2347-0-59804700-1448558453_thumb.jp

• Like 22

1cd6411aef59c495490d8a4d0583b683.jpg

Was fortunate enough to take these two opening morning about 5 minutes apart..he came busting in behind me running three does in circles...once I repositioned my rifle he took off downhill after one doe...the second doe wandered behind some tress and headed down hill as well leaving the big girl I was able to take locked up at about 35-40 yards...I let the .30-.06 bark and she dropped within 20 yards after I caught lung-top of heart-lung.

So I decided to call my wife and let her know we had a deer down, and low and behold I look down hill and the buck is peaking at me from behind a tree at about 120 yards....I told my wife I had to go and out the phone down, carefully took aim and drilled him with a liver-lung-lung shot quartering away...he was down 40 yards later and my freezer was instantly full!!

Great memories and a great opening day spent at camp in 9p.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 19