$10 blind..

wooly

My sister bought me this ground blind at a garage sale a few weeks ago for $10.

All the fiberglass rods to the hubs inside were shattered so it wouldn't stand on its own.

50' of rope and some make shift tent stakes got this baby hurricane proof in about 4 hours,lol

It now has an interior sapling frame.

Kind of a PITA to get it set up, but the effort was worth it for that price!

Set on the edge of an old orchard for those wet icy days I wont climb into a stand.

It's surprisingly roomy compared to my little dome pop up blind I used for turkey in the spring

DSC_0288_zpsivvjlato.jpg

DSC_0300_zps6cu2iupa.jpg

DSC_0321_zpsxlmid836.jpg

• Like 13

Wooly I'll give you $10 to spend a crappy day in there with you. :)

Ha- you bring the coffee and doughnuts and that will be your rent October through December! (I like peanut sticks and black joe)

I'll have to look into those replacement hubs.

I meant to fix it up better but I ran out of time. I'll see how it holds up this year the way it is and maybe do something more with it later.

Great find for $10 wooly. Those square blinds are easy to jimmy-rig a pole set up. 4 fallen ( not rotted ) branches for each corner, wrap the top that will make contact with the material with duct tape so it doesn't make a hole, don't really need the hubs or a center pole, set it up with a branch over head, tie a pinch of the top with para cord and then to the branch for the center height. Brush it in and go.

You have a good set here. Brush in makes it very well hidden. Very nice for for probably less then $15 with rope and steaks.

• Like 1

Mine has a few busted poles as well. One of my projects this week is to drill the fiberglass rods out of the ends that attach to the hubs and epoxy some fiberglass driveway plow markers in their place. Should do the trick!

I was gonna do the same thing but barronett sells different lengths very cheap. It's the shipping that's a killer.

Yep.

Wooly, it looks like we might have the same blind. If you still have the hub centers for your walls and roof, you can do the same thing for @ $20. Its just a little time consuming to drill the fiberglass out of each cap. Oh, and my hands are full of fiberglass splinters today lol.

Yeah they look the same blinds. Mine is an Ameristep but I don't know what model.

I'll definitely work on that in the post season.

As a matter of fact, I have a bunch of fiberglass tent supports I've been saving for no reason in particular since the tent got trashed. I added them to my dome blind yesterday to raise the roof a bit, so those should work just as well.

• Like 1