Facemask or face paint or nothing at all?

jrussell

bought one of these a few years ago on end of season clerance

http://www.cabelas.com/product/home/miscellaneous-camo-clothing/scent-lok-early-season|/pc/105625080/c/105823980/sc/833141880/scentlok-reg-men-s-savanna-ultimate-lightweight-headcover/1978077.uts?destination=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D833141880

great for early season, the ears are mesh to keep your hearing good. I've always been a facemask guy. I do subscribe to some of the scent control stuff as well and your head is the biggest generator.

Winter is a must for wind protection in my opinion.

Same one I use during gun season, it works well to keep most of the wind off my face.

I have different masks for different weather conditions. The only time I use face paint is on warm days of bow season. Then the lightest mask makes me sweat too much to be acceptable.

I wear glasses so limiting the exposure on the rest of my face helps.

I have been literally feet from all kinds of deer on the ground without being detected over the years and never with anything covering my face. Some years maybe some facial hair, but I've never found the need for a face cover myself. My Italian olive oil and garlic colored skin seems to blend in well with the natural surroundings... LOL.  However, I don't see how covering ones face can hurt at all. Whatever makes you feel more invisible and gives you some confidence can't be a bad thing.

• Like 2