LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Reading my posts from last year today I was complaining about not seeing any deer so went to a different property and explored and found some real nice trails way back in the woods were the hardwoods and thick stuff clear for a while and there is a solid trail like a cow path in two different spots that intersect by were I hung my stand so I guess we will see tomorrow afternoon how it is there ... nothing like new spots !!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by Kludes
  • Like 2

Didn't get to post yesterday was super busy and don't get service to update live at my normal hunting spot. I brought a new bow hunter out for his first time yesterday. He ended up nailing a small buck.

Got in well before sun up, geared up a little smack talk and made a game plan. Well maybe a half hour after the sun came up he comes walking up the path to my stand ( which wasn't in our plan lol ) he tells me he got one. So we go recover his deer. Only went about 20 yards the rage crushed em. Drag em to the camp to gut and skin him. He was so excited to get his first deer. It was a great time. He sent me a text message that I hadn't got at the time that said " I think I got one ".. Second text. " I'm shakin " lol.

All in all it was a great hunt I was seeing deer within 100 yards and was hopeful to fill a doe tag but him getting one was a better ending anyway. My turn now.

Figured i'd share the first note worthy story of the year. Good luck everyone.

Edited by HuntOrBeHunted
  • Like 16

Had the great idea of mowing my trail in as far as possible it makes for real quiet walking. On way in this morn I bump 1 so I stop and wait a minute or two. It only runs maybe 40 yards or so off my left and back. So I ease on about 20 more steps and boom have one blow and jump less than ten feet off my right front! Man that will get your heart rate up! This one did not go far either so I just kept on to stand. I was using a little flashlight just aimed in front of my feet during this to. With the green filter. Guess I am sneaking in quiet enough as long as they are not on my direct trail!

Oh and thanks for the pictures of Amish witch ghosts in my head as I am walking in the pitch dark!

• Like 4

After pulling a twelve hour night shift (6-6) I drove home, which is a 40 min. drive, got suited up and am out in the stand! New spot I haven't tried yet this season. Let's see what happens! Yes, I know I'm late in the stand, literally got in it 10 mins ago... haha I love being in the woods too much what can I say?

• Like 1