LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

I just basically did a phone interview with a company that approached me recently, after about 5 min the guy finally asked why I was whispering, when I told him he burst out laughing. He told me to get back to my hunt, get a big buck and that he would see me on Thursday. Hopefully he brings me some luck

• Like 8

So I had a line on a buck that been coming out daily around 5 with a group of doe...so anyway 5 oclock hit and sure enough a button buck came out about 40 yards from me...I watched and waited...he looked back toward woods and sure enough more were coming out 2 big big doe 3 more yearlings....one big doe stopped broadside about 20 25 yards out...I was getting ready to put a muzzy thru her when I heard what I thought was another deer coming out....I repositioned as it sounded like coming out the path right in front of stand....well it was a squirrel...by the time I shuffled back toward the field with the doe in it they were 10 yards out looking right toward me...so I froze after a min or so the deer must have caught me breathing or something as wind was right in my face and they took off about 100 yards out and stomped and wheezed and walked into the swamp....now I am a meat hunter and love opportunities to shoot bucks but I got greedy today....should have taken the big doe when I had the shot....all and all a great hunt and I'll try again wensday....maybe that buck will come out then

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My grandson and I did some scouting this afternoon at the farm. We found a scrape line along the big swamp. So we made a natural ground blind in the area where I killed a nice buck a few years ago. We then went to one of our set ups on a thick overgrown ridge top on the other side of the property. Temperature was in the low 70s and no deer sighted. Cooler temps are in the forcast for next weekend, hopefully the deer will be more active then!

1st morning sit of the year in 8J. Raining on and off, light wind. Seen a few in the hay field on the drive in and spooked one by the apple tree pulling in. Nothing since sunrise, going to wait it out. Hopefully they will shake off and move in a bit. Always seem to have luck on the wet days. Time will tell.