LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Coffee and yogurt wasn't the best decision I made this morning. Had to make a u-turn and destroy the bathroom. The kind where you come out sweating and it hurts to wipe. Where each time you think you're done but there more. The kind where you have to drink water afterwards because you're dehydrated. Yes, that kind. I get to my spot right at sun up and some one else beat me to my spot. That's how my morning has been going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. At least it didn't happen while you were in the woods.... See there is a bright side to everything my friend
  • Like 1

Friendly reminder, check your equipment up in the stand. Just did a test draw only to find out my peep wasn't lining up cuz of the cold weather and needed to be twisted into the right spot.

Would have been screwed if one walked by.

All misspellings courtesy of iPhone

Coffee and yogurt wasn't the best decision I made this morning. Had to make a u-turn and destroy the bathroom. The kind where you come out sweating and it hurts to wipe. Where each time you think you're done but there more. The kind where you have to drink water afterwards because you're dehydrated. Yes, that kind. I get to my spot right at sun up and some one else beat me to my spot. That's how my morning has been going.

sounds like your morning really went down the shit*er..

• Like 2

TMI !!!!!

• Like 2

What a cluster of a morning :fie: ...first colder than I thought...and it snowed last night...just stuck to some leafs and the building roofs...any ways it stared out good...got to stand no snorts used a drag get to stand settle in and yep I hear walking in the dark and realize my heavy gloves are home and the light ones are buried in coat pocket under my vest...which would call for some figiting.. :rolleyes: ....then I see a fawn infront of me...wind picks up and it scoots up the hill from me...get out puffer and winds still good from it to me...... then I see it trot across the front of me up hill..next thing a bunch of them are angling away and behind me...about 8:30am the wind is blowing and swirling this way and that...well it's one of my better stands so I decide it's time to go I lower bow hook quiver(hip) and I'm undoing the safety line...snap...I look down and 10 yrds from the stand is last nights 4 big doe and 2 fawns all broad side and standing there looking around...great!...the wind blows and I think the bow moved for off they all ran to where that early fawn had gone..

daughters dog taken in this morning tumor and they kept her for immediate removal...shes very upset...letter from insurance sub contractor...my gym claim denied.....pulled a card on the way back to house 2 small 4pts' and a large bodied very small racked 6pt all at 9:48 am the last 2 days....

I saw a doe and a spike. Decided to pack up. I grabbed by bow off the rope and took a few steps and stopped to put my glasses back on. I hear a huge snap just down the hill. I'm looking hard thru the brush and hear more ruckus. It a big body 8pt going to town on a tree. I get on my knees and he finally starts heading straight towards me. He stops at around 20-25yrs and looks at me for a minute then turns and starts walking to my right, get full draw and as he hits a opening I grunt and he stops giving me only a liver/gut shot. H continues to the next opening and this time when I grunt he takes two steps to many and I have no shot. By now my arms are getting tired and shaky and I had to let off and he saw me. All at like 15-20 yards. Damn!!

• Like 5

Nice cold morning today. Was nice and quiet until another guy showed up to hunt and parked down the road a bit in a parking area. He slammed every door, tailgate and piece of equipment he had in the bed around. Made one hell of a ruckus. All of this at about first light.

About 15 mins after the guy got done making all that noise a small buck, maybe a 4 pointer came running from my left to my right about 35 yards out. I bleated at him and he stopped for a second behind some thick stuff then continued bounding away. That's all I saw before getting out

In for coffee. Deader than a nail out there this morning. Even the squirrels and munks where subdued in their activities. Everything was so perfect!

To be fair, I did have something mooching around my stand in the dark, but that is no good to me. I need sun glinting off bone baby!!  

Hopefully the evening sit will be better.

• Like 1

Bring a first year hunter out hoping to see him take his first deer. Set him up in our best stand for deer sightings. I sit a new stand about 70yds away downwind of him to ensure I don't mess it up for him.

Don't I have all heck break loose with 2 bucks squaring off and chasing a doe with 2 fawn all around my stand for 1/2 an hour. Phade sits 150yds away sees six doe and the new hunter doesn't see a thing. Ugghhh. Frustrating but I guess that is hunting. The one buck was a decent 2.5yr old. It would have been a great first buck for the new hunter.

Maybe tomorrow morning. 2 sits now for the new guy and he is the only one not seeing deer. Not doing well trying to guess the best stand for him so far. Perhaps it's throw a dart time.

• Like 2