LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Congrats.....I am not having such luck ...last night I was surrounded by deer.Dozens of them actually and had a shot on a nice group of doe...they went behind a tree with wild rose and I went to draw.....Well hell I might as well have been trying to draw a 300# recurve not my 49# compound...that string wasn't going anywhere I mean nothing ...I can't believe I wasn't spotted struggling with the stupid thing and MAD!!!...They just walked away...then the next group came in and I waited and waited at 50 yrds the lead doe turns and takes the lot up into the woods behind me...I have to wait until dark before trying to get out and still kicked out deer...no snorts though...There were so many that the dang traffic on our road was like a drive thu window at Mickey D's...every vehical that got to just before our line of pines stopped... I couldn't see there but our son said when he drove by the front field had seven doe and 2 chasing bucks with them... I watched 5 different bucks running doe where I was and a group of 6 fawns running through the swamp...Wow I know where all the buck activity is...will be taking the decoy there today....

This morning I stayed close to home and as crunchy as the frozen grass was I'm glad...the garden stand has been slow since the cold nights and warm days..I now know why...Mr B brought home 5 storage barrels. He just dropped them off on some other construction stuff until he has time to fill them. Well they are closed tight and warm sun ...cold nights...hhmmm this morning I dang near jumped out of my skin in the dark ..because boom..boom..boom...boom ...boom!!!!! Right across from me ...thats what happens when sealed steel barrels expand and contract....explains all the untouched apples and turnips in the area :rolleyes:

Well saw/heard nothing after that and felt like I was freezing to death whopping 33 out. In trying to get the chill off...BTW I practiced drawing my bow this morning on stand..no problem...though last night Ifelt like I had pulled all connective tissue off my right side rib cage...still sore... :dontknow:

Man, what a beautiful morning and here I am stuck at work. Not a breath of wind, sunny, cold. Sunday is the only day I can consistently get out and I was out yesterday in the rain and wind swaying back and forth in the tree. Good luck to all that are out this morning.

• Like 1

Two BB just came through , the second one was do much

Bigger I thought it was Mom and was ready to shoot it !

A. 3rd BB and a spike came by, let's now another 1 1 /2

Come on let's move it up a couple generations

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

Going to my stand around 630 and here a loud popping noise didn't think twice about it came down around 1230 and on my way back I see bear tracks all over the place. I think I know what that popping noise was.

had I seen that bear up close there would be a pooping noise......me in my boxers :cheese:

• Like 3

d213a8c68b53f694d835ad04b962f8c4.jpg

8g is starting to pop. Did some scouting Friday and found a rub line with 3 scrapes within 20 yards. Snuck in Sat in the rain and put a stand 15 yards off the middle one. This morning had a perfect east wind. Got out in the stand about 6:30am. By 7:15 three does walking down a rub line. They didn't seem in a hurry so figured no buck was following. The last one was big so I took her. Figured it was early and didn't have to be to work until noon. About 45 mins later I hear some branches breaking. 25 years away a basket 8 is tearing up a tree. He finishes comes out and works his scrapes. Neck was all puffed up and the hair on his back was standing up. I let him finish taking a leak and let one rip. Put it right through the heart. He only went about 20 yards. Was down at my dads having a cup of coffee by 9am with two deer in the back of my truck. Best of luck to all my fellow hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 23