LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Another wild day here...just coming in from the opposite direction, sorta like being on a weather rotisserie... ;) 

Looks like we are in for a warm spell this coming week...mid and upper 60's. hhhmmm what will that do to the rut?...I know I'll be out in it hoping something comes by under 90mph...lol

I'll second the wild day. Beautiful walk out; heck couldn't ask for a better darker morning. Radar showed a rain gust area moving in, so kinda prepared. Caught the smell first, then had a deer moved quickly through. Figured he scented me.  Wasn't long before another came in, then a third.  Wind and rain hit, tree started rocking and cracking and a loud windfall went to the ground nearby. I'm grounded.. Kinda figures right at the height of the action. Winds are now gusting to 52 mph. here.

• Like 1

Just got done repairing a 40' flag pole that wind had the lift bouncing all over the place

If your out hunting in this today be extra cautious and hunt safe good luck

Nice,fixing a flag pole in the wind ,that's like changing sparkplugs with the engine still running . Props to you.
  • Like 3

Oh no Angel heard the wind pick up....I see another bath tub cleaning in my future..lol Bright sun...but last night I heard a major boom in the woods...it sounded like a pretty big tree went down...I'm hoping not on the chicken coop or the original CB blind...If it was..nothing to be done now, I'm not about to go in the woods today..

Lord hard to type with a Shepard in your lap...haha

Edited by growalot

I decided not to hunt for that reason...now the winds have died down...Oh well doing something I never do during season...making a big pot of my French onion soup with bay leaf,garlic and half a bottle of white wine,,,have fresh italian bread and swiss to melt over it...

Sounds good !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided not to hunt for that reason...now the winds have died down...Oh well doing something I never do during season...making a big pot of my French onion soup with bay leaf,garlic and half a bottle of white wine,,,have fresh italian bread and swiss to melt over it...

French onion soup was my favorite at panera. Now they removed it in exchange for nasty squash soup

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'll take a bowl after I get done swaying in the tree!

best sit of the season so far, saw both my shooters and a few doe. my #1 was following a doe not aggressively but defiantly didn't wanna lose sight of her. horrible conditions to sit in but defiantly worth the show. i was nervous about blood trailing and neither one of the bucks presented a shot (probably for the best).

• Like 1

So had a great hunt tonight and had my 5 year old with me so I'll type it out..

So about 4 the wife and girl were heading to store so I figured I'd take a walk with boy. We walked till about 5 and he sat down on this log over looking a steep hill...anyways out of nowhere I see a doe running thru the woods and sure enough probably the biggest buck ive ever seen hot on her heels...this was about 100 yards out so I told boy to look...next thing I know the doe 180s back the way she came so figured they were gone...now we are on top of this hill just chilling no masks just sitting when the doe shows back up 20 yards below is and the boy turns and says dad deer...I told him shah and watch don't move by I could see the buck coming about 50 yards behind her as she's still running....now I'm a let this buck run by be he's running no grunt or anything on me....well the buck stops right in front of me broadside at 20 yards so I draw and shoot...things a monster watched it run away like a bat outta hell pretty sure I got him...so I told the boy to hold tight and I walk down hill to find the arrow broke covered in blood...called up fil and he called uncle who came to help track after hr or so....blood is spotty found some with what appears to be lung in it...needless to say I'm taking the day off tomorrow to continue at the revine where we left off and hope the deer gods are smiling on me tomorrow and give me a dead deer....and my 5 yr old got to see the entire thing unfold right in front of him now just need the deer to mount in his room...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 17