LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

1st buck with a bow 3m. Saw 3 does early but too far out. About an hour later, there were 2 - 4 pointers making a ton of noise behind me. I used a grunt call and both came towards my stand. I used a new scent I saw on these forums and hung them in good shooting lanes. One of the 4 pointers took the lead and headed right toward the scent . 15 yd shot, and was down in 20. Love it when a plan comes together.

• Like 9

1st buck with a bow 3m. Saw 3 does early but too far out. About an hour later, there were 2 - 4 pointers making a ton of noise behind me. I used a grunt call and both came towards my stand. I used a new scent I saw on these forums and hung them in good shooting lanes. One of the 4 pointers took the lead and headed right toward the scent . 15 yd shot, and was down in 20. Love it when a plan comes together.

Any pics?

My dad shot over the top of a deer of a lifetime yesterday at 5:15. It took a couple bounds before stopping and checking out the open field so he just may get a second chance . I'll be rooting for him silently from my stand that hasn't really produced anything.

• Like 1

Crappy mornin, but as I am out of town next weekend it will be the last morning locally for a while I can hunt. Maybe the deer will have a lie in and pass by during daylight hours instead of at 6:10 am like the usually do.

First am sit on my other hunting property too. Should be interesting. Move a stand by a line of scrapes yesterday.

Edited by Papist

Jeremy,

Whats your take on the rut phase in 9P?

Where my stand is ,nonexistent. The big one my dad missed yesterday had just got done leaving some artwork all over a tree ,I haven't seen any scrapes or rubs ,however ,I have never seen the deer activity drop off so sudden here before . Edited by Jeremy K