LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

7F totally dead this morning..Im surprised. Cold, a little frost and little wind. Sat till 11 and nothing at all showed up. My buddy texted me from the stand in 9x at about 930. He had 3 different bucks chasing does today. Oh well

Where abouts in 7F - I'm near the 7F / 8f border outside of Port Byron - daytime activity has been real slow. Seen scrapes and rubs - trail cam pics are from 1-4AM!

Hello everyone this is my first post. Ive been following along since last season. Dont know why i waited so long to post lol. Any who out in 3K talked my boss into letting me out early. Fingers crossed hopefully one of the big boys come closer then the usual 60 yards lol

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

45e459e74f733ea06055916c062a897a.jpg242e91d9e1fd1230bfe03d2384fa88cb.jpgso damn hott I just got her quartered up and in the cooler on ice to age for a couple days ...

Idk if it's from being so high above this deer but the exit hole plugged with fat and some intestine so it didn't bleed out at all and luckily I watched were the noise of it running stopped cause I couldn't find blood after 25 yards and then found out why when I found her ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Posted Today, 02:46 PM

growalot, on 09 Nov 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:snapback.png

though we now know where he is... :rolleyes::angry: ...he is the fisherman in the family

Hey! Whats wrong with being a fisherman?! emoji36.pngemoji12.png

LOL...I almost changed that......Nothing wrong with being a fisherman...It's the big buck.... we know where he is...Deer Search didn't have a chance..he was picked up the next day....Not sure what bothered me more,,,the guy that did it or the one that looked very satisfied telling me...either way I can still feel good about it for It was me that killed him on my land and in a spot I called him into....No one can take that memory away from me... xD;)

• Like 2

Thats not the only one...I actually had one neighbor walk past me  when I called out to him wouldn't even look up ..he was standing over my deer on another neighbors property when I first saw him...I didn't have a cell phone at the time and had to walk to the next road to get permission...the neighbor went in after I left dragged my deer off guts and all....I later talked to his son and asked how his dad did hunting...he was dating our daughter..."he got a big 8pt" really...thats nice...Please tell him I said congrats....for 3 years he had to vote and look me in the face...every year I asked if he'd shot any more big 8's...He always looked like he was on the verge of puking...pay back is named Chris ;)

PS...not talking a young guy...he's at least 10 years older than me

ps..... again...this is also the guy I named a different 8pt after...because he would walk the property line at dusk while I hunted...one time he came up the logging road...stopped actually waved at me, dressed in all blk with an orange cap...I just shook my head and waved back...he turned around satisfied and was just a few yards away when the 8 popped his head out of the bramble right where the guy stopped to wave...he watched him walk away and then stepped out and walked right over to my stand for a duoble lung...Now that was a story I enjoyed telling him with a grin ear to ear and a hardy thank you...never has walked the property line again....hhhmmm go figure...hahaha

Edited by growalot
  • Like 4

I just had the biggest buck I've ever seen in person make a scrape 80 yards away from me. I tried everything to get him to come in. Grunt. Snort wheeze. I could see he was reacting to it but after 30-45 seconds he'd go right back to scraping. After he left I even tried rattling to get him back into the area. Nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just had the biggest buck I've ever seen in person make a scrape 80 yards away from me. I tried everything to get him to come in. Grunt. Snort wheeze. I could see he was reacting to it but after 30-45 seconds he'd go right back to scraping. After he left I even tried rattling to get him back into the area. Nothing.

Pisser…Once their mind is made up on something…forget it. Stuff like that has happened to me countless times…Just get back out there...

• Like 2

Not sure why it double posted. Weird. Anyways the end of the day was super exciting! All I saw was one 6pt all day and then BAM I see a huuuuge 8pt 30 mins before dark. Can't get him to come in and he leaves the area so I'm ready to call it a day and then the woods just exploded. Two does and 2 fawn groups entered the field next to me all out of good shot range. The 8pt came back to the field after the does and it was chaotic. Deer running everywhere. No "real" chance at a shot tonight but overall lotta action especially the last hour

Edited by BfloHunter
  • Like 1

I've had a few bucks as well that didn't respond to anything.

Saw 4 small bucks move between 2 and 4. Good morning movement till 10, mostly lone doe. Weird that the doe weren't being harrased...noticed no real chasing today. Trickle Rut...that would suck! Every time I think things are going to bust loose...I'm let down.

tomorrow morning I have to take a 2 hr drive out to andover to install a flag pole I have a couple tree stand along the way im thinking about slipping into one of them for a short 1-1 1/2 hour sit

Edited by Red
  • Like 2