LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Back in same blind as all week I know they come by here but my short morning sits are not helping me....today got the 5 yr old in here...I'm back on second so don't see him so asked him if he wanted to come never seen him jump outta his bunk beds so fast lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Awesome.  Lucky boy!  My 6 year old is dying to come with me, but he wouldnt be able to sit still or keep quiet for longer than 30 minutes or so.

• Like 1

Awesome. Lucky boy! My 6 year old is dying to come with me, but he wouldnt be able to sit still or keep quiet for longer than 30 minutes or so.

Yep we just hit the 30 min point lol....to bad my boy only lasts 5 min before he's wiggly...but I'm in a blind so hopefully it helps and only out till 9 then gotta go dig up well tank

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Out in ground blind in 9m its light rain and bit breezy. Lots of fog driving rt. 400 south. Be safe.

Private or public 3M? I'm stationed at Ft Bragg but coming up to hunt opening week. I hunt in Sullivan County but I have a 3M DMP tag. Looking for a place for my dad and I (he retired from NY and now lives near me) to hunt for a day in 3M opening week.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do you guys do any calling in the rain

My stomach is growling. I hope it doesn't call in a bear.

Private or public 3M? I'm stationed at Ft Bragg but coming up to hunt opening week. I hunt in Sullivan County but I have a 3M DMP tag. Looking for a place for my dad and I (he retired from NY and now lives near me) to hunt for a day in 3M opening week.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Awesome. Lucky boy! My 6 year old is dying to come with me, but he wouldnt be able to sit still or keep quiet for longer than 30 minutes or so.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I couldn't sleep at all last night, i finally fell asleep but when I did, I ended up sleeping through my alarms. I woke up at 7am and saw it was already light out. I debated whether or not to go out because of the rain, but thought hey why not right? I was all ready and in the blind by 720. at 730 i grunted a couple times and softly hit the rattle bag. 10 minutes later i saw some movement in the distance, couldnt tell doe or buck at first. As it was walking away i saw its antlers so i grunted twice and it immediately turned around and headed right for me. I didnt have a good shot until it quartered away, and i hit him right behind the shoulder. he ran 25 yards and went down. he isnt a giant but he is still an 8 pt and my first buck, so i am happy. post-5472-0-29671000-1447252656_thumb.jppost-5472-0-58031400-1447252665_thumb.jppost-5472-0-39713800-1447252669_thumb.jp

• Like 21

So I couldn't sleep at all last night, i finally fell asleep but when I did, I ended up sleeping through my alarms. I woke up at 7am and saw it was already light out. I debated whether or not to go out because of the rain, but thought hey why not right? I was all ready and in the blind by 720. at 730 i grunted a couple times and softly hit the rattle bag. 10 minutes later i saw some movement in the distance, couldnt tell doe or buck at first. As it was walking away i saw its antlers so i grunted twice and it immediately turned around and headed right for me. I didnt have a good shot until it quartered away, and i hit him right behind the shoulder. he ran 25 yards and went down. he isnt a giant but he is still an 8 pt and my first buck, so i am happy. attachicon.gifIMG_5856.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5857.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5859.JPG

Where is gun hunting open for deer this time of year?

Sometimes hunting public land is awesome and other times...... Not so much.lol.

I had a decent ( never got a clear look) buck pushing a doe all around a patch of honeysuckle in front of me.meanwhile a poor spike would try to go in and he would get pushed out..

I can hear the grunting and crunching , when the grunting stops and the crunching draws closer..

Out steps a 200+# trophy..

Dam!! 200+# bald guy...