LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Pretty well dead for me, though wife getting shots. Different four point walked up and nearly spit on her this morn. No shot though. I didn't see a thing. Seeing a few during the day though while not on stand which is weird. Scrapes not touched in several days. Where are they in the morning and afternoon????

Vacation is over today. 5 days three hunters and tag soup. Good news is short work week and back at it Saturday. Maybe things will pick up.

Deer are moving now I just checked traps and was talking to thr landowners brother who was coming out from hunting and we had 4 does come by us at 50 yrds rite by his stand lol then we seen a buck come down the same path and I'm smiling like tell me again how trapping scares your deer lol and he went back to his stand..flying home to get out behind the house .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Deer are moving now I just checked traps and was talking to thr landowners brother who was coming out from hunting and we had 4 does come by us at 50 yrds rite by his stand lol then we seen a buck come down the same path and I'm smiling like tell me again how trapping scares your deer lol and he went back to his stand..flying home to get out behind the house .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

when I trapped hard in highschool I saw a lot of deer. You're working hedgerows or field edges ,swamps and edges of creeks I'd bust out nice deer hiding away for the day.

Got out of work early today. Said earlier today in another thread that I never have, nor had any interest in hunting public land. Got home and reconsidered. Instead of hunting in my back woods on my property, I figured I'd try this public piece a few miles away. Grabbed my climber and headed out. Passed 1,436 ladder stands within 500 yards of entering the woods. So, I went deep. Just saw a woman hiking. FML. She wasn't even hot. She didn't see me. We'll see how the rest of the afternoon/evening goes.

• Like 3

Jumped two doe as I walked to my spot in 3s - glad I saw them since I was starting to forget what they look like! Cracked open a buck bomb to see if they will stir things up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always had good luck with buck bomb, every time I have used it I seen a buck! Let me know how you make out