LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Well i have had a crappy day! I sat till 11:00, saw one deer slip by me in the thicket, tried to call it out, no luck. I figured I'd go home to spend some time with the kiddos because there home from school. Upon leaving the woods go to check one of my cams and come to find out some trespasser stole it. Sucks...people just can't respect others property. I will be talking with the neighboring property owner.

I screwed up today. I sat at a field edge today and observed a group of deer for a while. Two bucks amongst the group. Weird the deer must still think it's summer. Anyway I rattled lightly and the bigger of the two bucks came running over and I couldn't get ready quick enough. I'm sitting there unable to draw because he's 10 yards away. He stares into the woods and moves slightly upwind and winds me. I rattled too long and really wish I would have been ready for him. Perfect shot opportunity and I blew it. Definitely learning from this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck bomb brought no change to my hunting experience this season. Not a damn thing. I did learn that my friend, PITA the squirrel, averages a 49.7 second wait in his nest before venturing out to find more eats. That's how bad it has been- I have begun tracking squirrel movement. Saturday I will focus on the local chipmunk collection schedule for a comparison! I AM LOSING MY MIND!!!

• Like 4

Buck bomb brought no change to my hunting experience this season. Not a damn thing. I did learn that my friend, PITA the squirrel, averages a 49.7 second wait in his nest before venturing out to find more eats. That's how bad it has been- I have begun tracking squirrel movement. Saturday I will focus on the local chipmunk collection schedule for a comparison! I AM LOSING MY MIND!!!

it didn't stink up your hands clothes and pack?? You did it wrong lol

Broome/Chenango County line. Seen more coyotes than ever and way less deer. Only two so far this season and I am normally covered up in them.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'm on the Broome tioga border and I've seen well over 50 deer this year, that's triple what I usually see.

I'm not far behind you!  I've seen 4 deer in about 65 hours of hunting.  Hoping this will change.  

Sometimes hunting public land is awesome and other times...... Not so much.lol.

I had a decent ( never got a clear look) buck pushing a doe all around a patch of honeysuckle in front of me.meanwhile a poor spike would try to go in and he would get pushed out..

I can hear the grunting and crunching , when the grunting stops and the crunching draws closer..

Out steps a 200+# trophy..

Dam!! 200+# bald guy...

That will dampen one's spirits quickly. I took Monday off from work and headed down to one of my stands close to the river. Set up with high hopes as it starts to get light my mood sours as I see another hunter 80 yards away. I've been hunting that spot a few years now but it's time to relocate again.