LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

You can do that I think if you are not subjecting the gun to a lotta weather and temp changes. The residue in the barrel will suck moisture if you are out all day in changing weather and temps and that will do it no good in quick order.

I got a 22 mag that may get cleaned once a year but it does not make it past the porch much. Reminding yotes the lawn ain't for them. Or target shooting.

Edited by Fletch

Wife gave me the nod. Should be in my tree by 3. Only one tag left and I'm saving it for the weekend opener of rifle season. So, basically just going to watch what's doin'. Unless I see a real good buck, in which case it'll be no gun season for me.

Pretty sure you just stuffed your own foot in your mouth dummy !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Seriously? Not being a wiseass, can you point out where it says that? Cause I know my reading comprehension skills suck, but I don't see it. Since I started bowhunting (1991) myself and every bow Hunter I know in westchester has always gotten their big game tag and their bow tag. They'd either shoot a buck and a doe, or two bucks. No one has ever said boo about it. We'd save our big game tag for the rifle opener upstate and if we didn't fill it, we'd come home and try to fill it down here, with the bow. We report all our kills too and no one has ever gotten back Yo us and said, hey this ain't kosher.

• Like 1

What f'n law am I breaking now?

Sounds like you better get your s$&@ together before posting online , especially this site , and you've been hunting in NY state how long?!!! And you think it's ok to use any tag in any season , wow , makes me seriously wonder how many more like you are out there getting lucky all there life without the DEC finding out .... Smh

• Like 1

Read the Regulations Booklet. Your regular season tag isn't used until gun season for bucks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So, if you live and hunt in a bow only zone (westchester) and having no land nor intention of going upstate and hunting w a rifle, your big game tag is essentially garbage? You can't get a bow tag without buying a reg season tag. So you pay for both but can only use one? Again, if you don't hunt rifle.

So, if you live and hunt in a bow only zone (westchester) and having no land nor intention of going upstate and hunting w a rifle, your big game tag is essentially garbage? You can't get a bow tag without buying a reg season tag. So you pay for both but can only use one? Again, if you don't hunt rifle.

No you hunt all year round with a bow. But can only take a buck (or doe as your archery tag should be "either sex"). Then you have to wait till regular season to use your "buck only" tag. It's intentionally done this way because harvesting a buck is relatively rare and more coveted and it's unfair to have one hunter be able to harvest two bucks before regular season even starts. You CAN shoot two bucks in a year....as long as you abide by the season.

I never said you can use any tag during any season.

If the regular season is open, you can use your regular season buck tag and fill it with bow if you choose to do that, just because your in a bow only area doesn't mean you can fill all tags with your bow whenever you see fit. There is still a regular season in bow only areas you just cannot use a firearm. Read the regulations book, look under the uses for the regular season tag.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

No you hunt all year round with a bow. But can only take a buck (or doe as your archery tag should be "either sex"). Then you have to wait till regular season to use your "buck only" tag. It's intentionally done this way because harvesting a buck is relatively rare and more coveted and it's unfair to have one hunter be able to harvest two bucks before regular season even starts. You CAN shoot two bucks in a year....as long as you abide by the season.

Ok. So, for the first two weeks of season,it's does only. So on October 17, hypothetically, I shoot a buck. That buck must be tagged w my deer of either sex tag? and then I'm done until Nov. 21st at which point I can kill another buck. You can't tag that buck you shot on the 17th with your buck only tag and then take a doe with your deer of either sex tag later in the season? I'm talking only westchester county here.