LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Had a late start this morning. I had to switch to my back up rifle my main 308 was leaning up against some stuff (unloaded) and it got knocked over. I didn't want to chance the zero being off. Any else ever do this? And did it hold its zero or did you have to sight it in again? The scope is a Bushnell elite.

Rule # 3 of hunting is never lean your gun up against anything as it may fall.

Rule #1 being treat every firearm as it was loaded

Rule #2 know your target and what's beyond

I'm guessing unless violent jolt directly to scope it'll be just fine. Put on paper when you get a chance though Don't like to assume

Well finally got it done, Got out of work early Wednesday to move my Stand, long story short, Another hunter moved in on my Spot that I have been hunting for 5yrs. Scouted new area with swamp/pines/and hardwoods, found tons of sign, finally get stand set up at 2pm, cut some shooting lanes and then walk around alittle , jump 2 nice doe but didn't shoot because it was 50 degrees and didn't want to be rushed cutting up a deer. get back to my stand at 330 and was going to sit till dark to see if this was a good evening stand, at 4pm this bruiser shows up out of no-where walking straight at me, at 50 yds I put the crosshairs on the white patch on his neck and squeeze the trigger and he dropped like a rock.25%20nov%20deer_zpsh9mzaml0.jpg?t=144854

• Like 18

Had a late start this morning. I had to switch to my back up rifle my main 308 was leaning up against some stuff (unloaded) and it got knocked over. I didn't want to chance the zero being off. Any else ever do this? And did it hold its zero or did you have to sight it in again? The scope is a Bushnell elite.

I have an elite on my 30-06 barrel for my Apex , i had to use a hammer and a drift to remove the pivot pin to put the muzzleloader barrel on ,next time i put the 30-06 barrel on the gun it was shooting way off , best to check it ,i almost didn't but sure glad i did.